Thread: Tools

Tools

Hi,

I played a couple of weeks back in 2011. Now that there is a PvE server I came back to see what's what. Apparently we are still limited to 1 character per account so I can't check what we are spawning with when creating a character, but I seem to remember that I had some tools. The fact that I am wearing some bits of trucker armor made by me a lifetime ago seems to confirm this. The problem is that I don't have a single tool on me. They were probably inside a container that rotted away with the rest of my property. I am currently playing Wurm, and they provide for cases when a player is missing a tool or is completely naked: you can make a set of "crude tools" out of rock then use them to make more sophisticated tools. What are my options in Xsyon, besides deleting this character just to get tools, begging or giving up?

You could make a free account, make a toon, load in, drop pack with tools, and loot on your main. Or wander around and find some abandoned bins to loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    You could make a free account, make a toon, load in, drop pack with tools, and loot on your main. Or wander around and find some abandoned bins to loot.
    I thought about this, but I won't be banned if I play two toons from the same IP? It shouldn't matter on a PvE server, but you never know.

I think multiple accounts are pretty common on this game,so I doubt that's a problem. This game needs more players, and someone replacing starter tools because they want to play is not going to get them banned.

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Hmm I'm not sure about this anymore . This is game is a lot of work just trying to play. No working windowed full screen 3 years after official release, and I crashed 4 times in an hour in fullscreen. Then it takes forever to get back in, longer than any game I've played: 1 whole minute after the first login/pass prompt to the choice of server; then all of 3 minutes of staring at the screen while it is "loading assets", downloading something every time at 40-50 KB/s. Whatever it is loading, it is wrong. Wurm's environment is also fully modifiable yet I log in within 20 seconds flat. I'm not sure I want to wait for another 5 minutes for another 15 mins of play.

May the loot be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Neofit View Post

Hmm I'm not sure about this anymore . This is game is a lot of work just trying to play. No working windowed full screen 3 years after official release, and I crashed 4 times in an hour in fullscreen. Then it takes forever to get back in, longer than any game I've played: 1 whole minute after the first login/pass prompt to the choice of server; then all of 3 minutes of staring at the screen while it is "loading assets", downloading something every time at 40-50 KB/s. Whatever it is loading, it is wrong. Wurm's environment is also fully modifiable yet I log in within 20 seconds flat. I'm not sure I want to wait for another 5 minutes for another 15 mins of play.
    I'm guessing that you have some corruption in your game files or perhaps a firewall restriction or some other issue causing your slow load time. I log in within a minute including the log in to patch and the server load time. If you can't figure it out I would contact support. support@notorious-games.com

As for the crashing in full screen, you should not be crashing unless you are attempting to Alt/Tab out of game. It will allow you to alt/tab out briefly, but I find that if I stay out more than a minute or so it doesn't let you restore the game window forcing a restart. Since I usually have multiple applications going I just use window mode which works fine except for the bordered window.

*Edit; For reference I just timed my log in and it was 1 minute 20 seconds including typing both passwords for patch and server with a ping of 31. That should give you an idea of what your log in time should be based on your own network ping.
    Last edited by Willowhawk; 04-27-2014 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Log in timed

I know it's a necro, but it's my thread too . If I create a new forum account, it wants me to add a game account to it, and the next page asks me to purchase the game once again. There is no longer a way to make a free account, is there?

that's correct...

waiting for sale is ur best bet ...

and yes.. thats one hell of a necro lol