Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Xsyon Area Map Question

Chile wrote:
    Oakstead wrote:
    As Kitsume said, all the land around Lake Tahoe is in the game. I would say the land width around the lake is almost as wide as the lake (east-west) itself unless you are blocked by mountains in that region.

I am in the game and have explored a lot of this land except for the very northern part which due to a misplaced death mist kills my character when ever I attempt to enter. I expect that bug will be fixed during the patch coming out tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Oakstead,

Do you mean the whole lake with the land around it or a portion of the south western part of the lake? i.e. a 1/4 of the south western part of the lake and the land surrounding that area.

If its the whole lake is the lake in the center of the map?

Thanks
    Yes, the Lake is in the center of the map. Because of this I think boats will be an important part of the game as it develops.

Xsyon Citizen

Oakstead wrote:
    Chile wrote:
    Oakstead wrote:
    As Kitsume said, all the land around Lake Tahoe is in the game. I would say the land width around the lake is almost as wide as the lake (east-west) itself unless you are blocked by mountains in that region.

I am in the game and have explored a lot of this land except for the very northern part which due to a misplaced death mist kills my character when ever I attempt to enter. I expect that bug will be fixed during the patch coming out tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Oakstead,

Do you mean the whole lake with the land around it or a portion of the south western part of the lake? i.e. a 1/4 of the south western part of the lake and the land surrounding that area.

If its the whole lake is the lake in the center of the map?

Thanks
    Yes, the Lake is in the center of the map. Because of this I think boats will be an important part of the game as it develops.
    Ok, cool! Now, are you able to walk around the entire lake but as you go farther out from the lakes edge on either of the sides then you run into the green mist/fog?

The reason I ask is that some people who have been in game have listed locations such as emerald cove, eagle state park/lake and cascade lake. These areas are all in the south western corner of the lake tahoe basin. No mention of areas n, w or e of the lake.

I am sure I will know the answers once I get in but just wanted a heads up on the layout.

Much appreciated Oakstead.

Yes, you run into the green mist as you go farther away from Lake Tahoe.

Xsyon Citizen

Thanks Oakstead

And yes you can walk all the way around the lake. But there is a bugged death zone in the north of the lake - hopefully they have fixed it with the latest patch

Xsyon Citizen

Sabina wrote:
    And yes you can walk all the way around the lake. But there is a bugged death zone in the north of the lake - hopefully they have fixed it with the latest patch
    Thanks Sabina. How far from the lakes edge would you estimate the map goes out before you hit the green mist (miles or km)?

Here is sketch of some data I have collected so far.

Each grid square is about 2km x 2km
    I didn’t always see the fog in the north so I marked where I died.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9662/xsyonmapv1.jpg

and whereabout's are the location we start at?

w0rm wrote:
    Lower right side of Lake Tahoe.

w0rm wrote:
    One is in zone 190 the other is in 210