Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totem bullies

Totem bullies

I'm getting tired of people whining about where someone puts a totem. I don't give a damn if you don't like the existing earth scars. No told you where you could and couldn't put a totem. Stop trying to bully people into playing the game the way you want them too. It's not someone who just started fault the game is lacking a terrain revision system. I've seen bullying by players in global chat on the war server,and a bin dropped with a threatening label about totem placement (rarely play peace).

You get one chance to make a first impression on new players. This game needs new players to inhabit the world. You bully people/people see bullying, they move on. If old ground work is such a problem,complain to the developers.

Don't bully new players who obviously are paid if they are dropping totems.

So let me get this straight, you are upset because people are upset about what you are doing?

Should I post a post about this post?

I'm tired of people that make ugly looking buildings, or tearing up the land, or leaving carts randomly in the world.

You will likely have to deal with totem bullies much the same way they have to deal with you.

I can make the same argument about your poor placement.

People see crappy placed totems and it looks bad, and they move on. You get one chance to make a first impression on new players. This game needs new player to inhabit the world. You place totems this way and that, over roads and whatnot making the world look ugly as sin and they will move on. If you want to place like that, don't talk to the developers, go out in the wild instead of where new players have to see it on in the middle of the road.

Don't be an ugly totem placer, we have obviously paid to play a game where it doesn't look like crap.

mO.Om....

Peeks out from under his rock to add to the post to a post to a post.

I read this and went around the lake looking for this player...Gamename is different but i can see what this is about and for once I tottally agree with Mr. DDT.

What i saw was 3 terraformed pads within 25 to 50 meters of this fellow.( btw, i think another reason he placed his totem there was due to a camp becoming lootable closeby ) I have seen this more than once and alot of new players also placing totems on the roads. A game like this needs to look good to attact people but what i came up with after an hour was that the new people do not want to talk to ea other in global...they just want to be hermits. if they would talk more...ask more questions they would get a better insight as to...not how WE want to play the game, but how the game plays best for everybody in general.
    Now, Being a semi pvp'r i can see both sides...but bottom line, if someone on the pvp server wants the area he is in to look good and will defend that right...he has the right to do so...that is not bullying. if you think that is against TOS well it isnt. you want to change his mind...kill him, maybe then he will think differently.

Anyways...If you cant put up with different attitudes on the pvp server then id suggest to move to the PVE...plenty of people there to do stuff with.

Glorp

It not the job of players to give new players a hard time because the game is missing features. Go grief the developer. If he doesn't care about the look of the land why do you think it gives you the right to tell some how to play their sandbox?

For the record: not my totem in question, but it is a friend of mines. I did see the incidents happen.

Side note: Glorp,I saw you talking in chat how it's the apocalypse and people will kill you and steal your stuff, but you can't handle bad landscaping as a tough apocalypse survivor?
    Last edited by Sparky; 05-13-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Add totem info and note

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    It not the job of players to give new players a hard time because the game is missing features. Go grief the developer. If he doesn't care about the look of the land why do you think it gives you the right to tell some how to play their sandbox?

For the record: not my totem in question, but it is a friend of mines. I did see the incidents happen.

Side note: Glorp,I saw you talking in chat how it's the apocalypse and people will kill you and steal your stuff, but you can't handle bad landscaping as a tough apocalypse survivor?

Sparky. I think you are missing my point. My point is people have the right to place where they want, and other people have the right to kill them if they don't like them.

You are trying to defend your (or some fake "friend's") right to place where you want, but you are upset because others are using their rights to kill you. Heck they were even nice enough to warn you.

If you are upset about being attacked, try playing on another server where the rules fit your playstyle.
    You will not see me on the other server because of just this reason. Totem griefers is what I call them. People that place a totem however they wish without care to other players around them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Sparky. I think you are missing my point. My point is people have the right to place where they want, and other people have the right to kill them if they don't like them.

You are trying to defend your (or some fake "friend's") right to place where you want, but you are upset because others are using their rights to kill you. Heck they were even nice enough to warn you.

If you are upset about being attacked, try playing on another server where the rules fit your playstyle.
    You will not see me on the other server because of just this reason. Totem griefers is what I call them. People that place a totem however they wish without care to other players around them.
    Mrddt The friend is real. My name in game is Bob. I never complained about being killed. I'm not into the pve server, I may suck at pvp, but I'm not scared to live in the environment. My point is the use of global and local chat to intimidate players to place a totem where you think they should is not the attitude this game needs to gain players.

If terrain revision is coming, why do you need to play totem police? I'm totally into using someone else's hard work, and would recommend others to save the hassle and reclaim abandoned spots. Don't use the guise of beautification to be a jerk to people. You can just kill people for your own reasons and keep the derogatory and “toughguy" talk to your tribal. Maybe they want to hear how tough you are.

You don't see the irony here?

You are asking someone to play differently than you because you don't like it. They are asking you to play differently because they don't like it.

2 different opinions on how to play. Thank god this is a sandbox game where, if I don't like what you are doing I'm free to do kill you, or tell people how ugly your tribe looks in global. I see no rule being broken when they ask or tell you to not do something they do not like, much like you are asking/telling others to do something you do not like.

Do know that actions in sandbox games have consequences, some are ones you would like, some are not.

This is also called politics.

Whoa...I started a conflict on the pvp server...oh noe's

I can be the pretty police if i want to lil pup. Go talk a run around the lake...you will see pad after pad after pad and yes terrain reVERsion will take care of some of it but it will take Months and if you build close to an area then some of it will not revert. Building like you are ( not on a level surface) will create alot more work later on and to do so you will need to waste more pristine area...how hard would it have been to place the totem on an abandoned pad?

I have not broken any Terms of service so watch you back
    or...move to a pad and ill rethink my position.

mO.Om.....peeks out from under his rock after reading other posts.

Funny how after i read other posts that you wanted to take over someones PVE tribe yet here you are on the PVP server. granted i did mention there was alot of tribes decaying on pvp due to the majority of people moving to the pve server but i guess you can change your mind like i can.

Glorp

I came back to this game over the pve server hype. I found the pve server not the Xsyon I love. I walked around got tons of stuff, and felt like I didn't belong on the training wheels side. It really amazes me how people deserted the original game concept, and flocked to the neutered version of the game. What's wealth and power worth if there's no risk eh?

I'm making my closing argument here. No need to beat a dead horse. I'm all for player freedom. Find a legitimate reason to grief people. Quit bullying new supporters of the game by unprovoked harassment in global chat over a missing upcoming game feature.

New players are the key to this game's future. Don't scare em off guys. Don't you want people to kill in the game?
    Last edited by Sparky; 06-19-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Fixed typo