Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good points Emilie.

I would like to add that make sure that fertilized crops have greatly more yield than non fertilized crops, for 2 reasons.
    1)Makes sense
    2)At the current ratios (and even planned ones) if it takes 1 seed to yield 5 crops unfertilized, 1 seed + 1-2 guts/fish to yield 10, then no point in fertilizing when you can simply just plant another one. Fertilizing to 100% should give about 3x more yield (3 for unfertilized, 8 to 10 fertilized).

Also note that farming is 100% upfront cost. Land usage area, 4 fertilizers, 1 water, 1 seed. If you do not properly farm/harvest it correctly you are out all those resources.

Yield should be effected by skill. Allow the best farmers to want to plant/harvest. Let the trainees and workers learn skill by tending the fields, which have no effects on failures but only when the work is done. Allowing new players, and helpers to help with farming without messing up the crop size.
    A large worry is that if you are low skill you will not get food, well farming at low levels will yield still a LARGE harvest IF you use fertilizer and it has the effect as noted 3x. But I think it makes sense this way while still allowing low skill helpers to get skill through farming without messing up the crops for skilled farmers.

I think getting more than 1 seed from extracting makes sense also (should be done for forestry also IMO) however, I think more than 5 is a bit over kill. You can base this on skill.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 08-10-2014 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    2)At the current ratios (and even planned ones) if it takes 1 seed to yield 5 crops unfertilized, 1 seed + 1-2 guts/fish to yield 10, then no point in fertilizing when you can simply just plant another one. Fertilizing to 100% should give about 3x more yield (3 for unfertilized, 8 to 10 fertilized).
    A very important point. I hadn't thought if that. I hope this is considered. Players expending effort = playing the game deeply using the game mechanics to their fullest, should always be rewarded in comparison with players expending little effort = just walking around in the game world picking up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think getting more than 1 seed from extracting makes sense also (should be done for forestry also IMO) however, I think more than 5 is a bit over kill. You can base this on skill.
    I'd like 10 to be max, it is quite realistic IMO, but even 5 is better than 1. One reason I hope for this change is that it would make foraging a more useful skill.