Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Could someone explain to me how this decay system works.

ATM what I am finding is that any food items(fish/plants) I had before decay was activated has a "shelf life" of 5-7 game days, most of which has reached the broken stage and been deleted by the game, and that is despite some of them being in the special baskets/pouches.

Now anything I catch/forage is giving me a 20-25 game days of a "shelf life", and it doesn't matter where I store it as that doesn't change.

It appears to be the same with cooked food, 100 games days on every kebab I've cooked, and yet again it doesn't appear to matter where I store them.

Oh and cooked food relies only on the QL of the raw items, rather than both the QL and decay state, as you get the same stats from a broken moderate QL rainbow trout as you do from a pristine one.

I don't believe decay state is meant to lower the QL of the finished product. Pretty much it's good until its not then you can't even use it (or see it)

The decay system seems to be working fine for me, not sure how you can see 20 to 25 game days when the test server has not even been up long enough to see that. (That would be over 3 real days)

The special containers only work on the items they are meant for, meat for meat, fish for fish etc.
    Buildings work for any food type placed in them. Remember its based on QL of the building (which we can not see) to slow the rate down.
    Just because a kebab says 100/100 doesn't mean it decays 1 per game day, it's based on a % of the max.

Also I believe he is still changing some of this to work correctly.

I've tested meat, fish, pouches, and buildings they all seem to work correctly.

Xsyon Citizen
    What I mean is yesterday I had a rainbow trout Mod QL that was pristine 6/6, today when I logged in it read broken 0/6, I then started fishing and caught another Mod QL rainbow trout, this one said pristine 21/21, tomorrow when I log on I expect it to read 15/21 or there about. just as a test I caught a second rainbow that's Mod QL but 22/22, that has been put in a fish pouch while the first one has been put in a regular grass pack, when I log on tomorrow I expect to find both have lost the same amount.

Jordi said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Regarding duration of existing food ingredients, I will need to run a script to adjust these in the database before the patch to bring them to current levels.
    Old food had durability set from 4/4 (guts) to 10/10. You never saw these numbers. When Jordi decided to implement decay on food, he increased these numbers but didn't go back and change durability for preexisting items. He will do this for the live servers before cooking/farming goes live.

In other words, your old fish had a preexisting condition on the test server. Under Jordicare, your fish on War and Peace will be covered.

The Test Server is open with the following changes:

1) Duration of cooked food set up to 64 (at 100 skill and stats). This currently equates to a little over 14 real days (128 game days). (Duration can be higher if stats are over 100)

2) Guts and fish can be sorted to create from 1 to 18 (at 100 skill and stats) fertilizer based on animal type, skill and associated stats. (Count can be higher if stats are over 100)

3) Crops normally yield 4 to 40 crops based on skill and fertilizer levels. (Fertilizer levels can quadruple the amount of crops harvested).

4) Failure to harvest results in half crops instead of none.

5) Seed sewing failure rate based on skill and seed quality.

6) Failure to fertilize and water based on skill. (Was already implemented)

7) Animal eyes should show the proper primary ingredient tool tip.

8) Extracting can gain 1 to 5 seeds based on skill.

9) Extracting from plants gains foraging skill.

10) Extracting from cones gains forestry skill.

11) Duration of existing ingredients set to 32 (64 game days, roughly 1 real week, in normal storage).

12) Commissaries display the quality of the building and the amount of decay reduction.

13) Cook book recipe counts increase AFTER success.

14) Fixed issue with changing camera views making the farming bars disappear.

15) Missing ingredient icons (for saved recipes) patched out. This was causing recipes to show blank icons for fish ingredients and preventing the recipes from functioning correctly.

16) Cooking and farming should not be capped as there are only 2 skills in their current group.

17) Saved recipes slightly adjusted. Character can save from 5 to 30 recipes based on skill and intelligence.

18) Characters can die slowly if hunger or thirst reach 0. Buffs indicate if you are starving or dying of thirst. It currently takes 15 minutes of starvation to drain a full life bar.

19) Your hunger and thirst are set to 10% after death revival.

There are other minor changes and improvements I want to make, but I will keep them for a small future patch. For now I am looking for further feedback on balancing variables (times, duration, amounts etc.) and reports of any bugs that can still happen.

I still can't reproduce the following:

1) Eating animation continues for several seconds after you stop eating.

2) Eating takes 12 seconds regardless of time indicated on the tool tip.

3) Buffs or buff timers not displaying correctly.

If you can reproduce any of the above issues please contact support so I can get more detailed information.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xsyon; 08-12-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Health drops during activity, 5 fishing actions lower health 11 points. This happens with both my characters while well hydrated and nourished.

Animals and revenants have 0 health, like a marmot with an empty health bar that shows 0/75.
    Last edited by Tupux; 08-12-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupux View Post
    Animals and revenants have 0 health, like a marmot with an empty health bar that shows 0/75.
    Sounds like the death penalty for not eating is affecting everything and not just the players.

I'm restarting the Test Server with a quick fix for the health drain issues reported above.

I'm not sure if it is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I get the message "Too Many Primary Flavors" with the Sous and Artisan recipe's with every combination I try except the Sous recipe without secondary ingrediënts.

18) Characters can die slowly if hunger or thirst reach 0. Buffs indicate if you are starving or dying of thirst. It currently takes 15 minutes of starvation to drain a full life bar.
    1. I think new players will find this overly burdensome. If you go down this route consider adding to new characters on creation the following :

1x Food preservation bum bag (this will also get them used to what pouches do). - should be small, perhaps 5 slot.

5x MRE's (non tradeable - similar to preorder items, but expire on use) MRE's will satisfy both hunger and thirst.

2. The gamer demographics are getting older. A game such as Xsyon also tends to attract an older demographic anyway. With older gamers real life has a tendency to intrude. People need to go afk etc. At the moment people tend to not log out due to the amount of time to log back in (mostly due to the amount of time it takes to analyze the files every time you start the launcher.

If you go down this route add the ability to logout to the character screen

19) Your hunger and thirst are set to 10% after death revival.
    I think the above is set way to low, its not going to give you long until you start starving to death, and you are not going to have a lot of energy to work with because your recovery is going to be low.

I can see new players dying while reading through the tutorial, getting sent back to founders and then dying again before they can get too far, then get sent back to founders again and again. Boy that's going to be a great first impression. The steam crowd will write lovely reviews of the game when that happens.

On death I would set hunger and thirst to 50%, again this is really going to affect casual and new players, which are both the kind of players we want to attract to the game. It gives vets more people to play with and Xsyon more money to develop the game. Everybody wins with more players playing the game.
    Last edited by mmogaddict; 08-12-2014 at 07:55 PM.