Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    2) Eating takes 12 seconds regardless of time indicated on the tool tip.

3) Buffs or buff timers not displaying correctly.
    Both now working correctly on my Test server toon.

Looking good so far.

Getting 4 seeds with 100 forage skill. Assume stats are involved.

Cooked 2 sets of 2 of my saved recipe. Resulting 4 kabobs did not and would not stack due to tiny differences -- +health gain from 149.98 to 150.01.

I think death due to starvation and hydration is a good thing and shouldn't cause much of a problem. The only problem this would cause is with brand new characters and players that like to go afk for long stretches. I suspect someone laying down by a lit fire could survive as long as the fire stayed lit.

Revived characters should come back with higher hunger and thirst. After revival, mine was down to 9%. The first couple times a ftp player revives at the maze that is Founders Isle, they could be very low on thirst before they can make it to the lake. A 20-25% level should be enough as a new player would have enough time and incentive to find food and water.

Also don't forget to think about what it will be like on the PvP server with a Steam release.

With the current situation you aren't going to be able to swim for it very far. so everybody is going to be coming out the north end of the island low on food & water.

The Test Server is open with the following changes:

2) Guts and fish can be sorted to create from 1 to 18 (at 100 skill and stats) fertilizer based on animal type, skill and associated stats. (Count can be higher if stats are over 100)

3) Crops normally yield 4 to 40 crops based on skill and fertilizer levels. (Fertilizer levels can quadruple the amount of crops harvested).

4) Failure to harvest results in half crops instead of none.

8) Extracting can gain 1 to 5 seeds based on skill.

2), 3), 8) is a massive increase. I understand they needed to be increased but you increased it by 8000%.

Before it used 5 to 9 food/guts/fish to get 10 food.
    Now it uses .4 to .5 food/guts/fish to get 40 food.
    This by far is way way way way out of balance, and needs to be cut down to 10 to 15 from crops at this ratio of fertilizer / seeds.

Notably you increase the yield of seeds from food by 500%, you also increased fertilizer from guts by 1800%, then you increased crop yield by 400%

Please think about cutting down the yield to 10 to 15 for balance issues!!!

18) Characters can die slowly if hunger or thirst reach 0. Buffs indicate if you are starving or dying of thirst. It currently takes 15 minutes of starvation to drain a full life bar.

19) Your hunger and thirst are set to 10% after death revival.
    I love this change, and much needed.
    I think 10% on respawn is a little low, 20% to 33% would be good I think. I believe at current rates thats about 30 to 45 mins before you start to die, which takes another 15mins.
    I think this is important for the survival aspect of the game, and really glad to see it come into the game.

Lets also not forget that currently there is no punishment to death from lack of food and water other then spawning back at your base. No loss of items, or stats etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    Also don't forget to think about what it will be like on the PvP server with a Steam release.

With the current situation you aren't going to be able to swim for it very far. so everybody is going to be coming out the north end of the island low on food & water.
    They can forage on founders (safe area) to get full food.

Water can be found anywhere!

Nice changes! I remember watching a couple of "lets play Xsyon" where the guys enter the world for the first time and immediately starts looking at the different bars, and going "hunger, thirst, I need to find me some food! I wonder how long it takes before I die", and then after running around a bit they realize that starving and thirst does nothing and they always seem a little disappointed. No longer! Yay!

So I think that new players aren't going to be so stumped, I think they are more stumped right now when having a hunger bar makes no sense. Also without hunger there is no sense of risk at all in low danger area, especially on peace server.

Regarding balance issues, please don't change the seed extraction yield, 5 max isn't too high. If there is a balancing issue it is better to adjust the yield of fertilizer a little, and the harvest yield a little. Both need to be higher than they were, but perhaps not as high as the new changes make them.

On one of my accounts ( a free to play one ), I was at 0 food and 0 water dying, left tribe, died from lack of food/water respawned at founders isle, and now can't die from lack of food and water.
    I left founders, still can't die from it.
    I ate/drank and let it goto 0 again and still can't die from it.
    I joined another tribe, and still can't die from it.
    I died to an animal, respawned, and still can't die from it. After respawn my food and water were also the same as when I died. 0 water, 1% food.
    Relogged still can't die from lack of food/water.
    Left the tribe area after logging back on, still can't die from lack of food/water.

In all cases I have the debuff saying I'm slowing dying but my HP is not going down.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 08-13-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    2), 3), 8) is a massive increase. I understand they needed to be increased but you increased it by 8000%.

Before it used 5 to 9 food/guts/fish to get 10 food.
    Now it uses .4 to .5 food/guts/fish to get 40 food.
    This by far is way way way way out of balance, and needs to be cut down to 10 to 15 from crops at this ratio of fertilizer / seeds.

Notably you increase the yield of seeds from food by 500%, you also increased fertilizer from guts by 1800%, then you increased crop yield by 400%

Please think about cutting down the yield to 10 to 15 for balance issues!!!

I love this change, and much needed.
    I think 10% on respawn is a little low, 20% to 33% would be good I think. I believe at current rates thats about 30 to 45 mins before you start to die, which takes another 15mins.
    I think this is important for the survival aspect of the game, and really glad to see it come into the game.

Lets also not forget that currently there is no punishment to death from lack of food and water other then spawning back at your base. No loss of items, or stats etc.
    I think what Mr.DDt is wroting is good and if it is then released we would see if it is good over a longer range of time

Xsyon Citizen
    Nobody has given me info on just how the decay system works, as a result I ran a little experiment to see if I could figure it out.

What I did was catch two rainbow trout and put them in different grass containers, the first trout was pristine 21/21 and was placed in a regular grass pack, the second trout was pristine 22/22 and was place in a high QL (62) fish pouch.

After several real days I would expect to find a bit of a difference in the condition of both fish, however that is not the case as fish one is now 13/21 while fish two is 14/22, which means they have both decayed by the same amount.

IMHO that would show that the fish pouch isn't doing anything to slow down the decay, and I suspect that the other special containers are going to be the same.

Xsyon Citizen
    I wasn't able to get on earlier to harvest my plants, problem is that when I could get on there was only a couple left and they were dead. Now because the game removed most of the plants rather than me destroying them, I find that I can no longer plant in that area, as far as the game is concerned there is still something growing there, even though the ground is empty.

Simple solution to this would be to stop the game from deleting the plants, and leave it up to the player to delete them.
    Last edited by Bejaymac; 08-13-2014 at 12:12 PM.