Thread: PVP or No PVP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PVP or No PVP

O.O

Posting here instead of in the test thread so I dont get my posts deleted.

MrDDT seems to always bring up during his testing of almost every patch to the effect that the only people that would take advantage of new items/stats/skills are the pvp'rs and people above 10+ (id say above 30+ because this is when most ftp would subscribe). it is then added that the PVP server is dead.

Whorlok replies that no it isnt...we have x amount of players and x more are in game when they are. and the rebuttal continues ( MrDDT and Unclean being the only ones to respond mostly), how many times have you come across another player on the PVP server...point made, its dead.

Well here are my 2 bits...

First...i have asked many since the server split if they want to PVP?. The % is still 30% for and 70% no or dont care with the majority stating that the main reason they play 90% of the time on Peace is because there are more people there to be social with. I have travelled quite a bit on pvp and still find new camps with between 3 to 7 players in them. I have also travelled some on PVE and yes i find more new camps but most are 2-3 players.

I still see the retention rate the same as if the servers were not split. My observations made during the dissing of these abandoned camps is the same on either server...they get to a point of getting mats up to Moderate to High, then see what it takes to get higher and they stop.

So...Second...the obvious...pvp and or content. Some of us have asked for more content ie: roaming mobs, but understandably we see that features and bugs are still of main concern. as for PVP, the % who still want it like myself, feel it still should be part of the game making us look over our shoulder. The % that dont want PVP just want to be left alone to play with Lincoln logs and make skyscrapers. Our initial attempt suggesting that PVP zones be made should have been looked at more but now that the server has been split would displace several if the PVP server was shut down and zones added to PVE.

The PVP server ...yes...appears dead but in my travels the PVE is just as dead when it comes down to comeing across other players. I dont have an answer or any new suggestions but to me the game is not whole without PVP.

I dont know how to set up votes but it would be interesting to see the actual % of who wants PVP and who doesnt but the questions have to relate to the game itself and not just ass hat griefers or hello kitty players.

BTW...i hope Whorlok's and MrDDT's posts get deleted from the test thread like mine did even tho what we all are saying has information players want to hear that can pertain to the testing of new stuff

Gruu
    Last edited by Gruu; 08-18-2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: add info