Questions For The Developers 08/21/2014 - 10/26/2014

Please post your Questions For The Developer here.

Please do not post questions regarding estimated release dates for features or changes. Our In Development schedule is posted here and will change as our plans changes. Features will be released when they are ready.

Sarcastic or derogatory comments veiled as questions will not be answered..

The previous round of questions has been answered here
    Last edited by Xsyon; 10-26-2014 at 04:43 PM.

I'm wondering what the plan is to counter new players overpulling grass, branches and twigs?

Is there going to be seeds or can grass/branch areas regrow to those around them or slowly get restored in a years season?

I ask this since I have noticed with your last update, starting players have two options for early game building to raise their arch levels from level 5 to 10, the gadu post that takes 280 grass pulls or around 70 bald grass patches to get from levels 5-10 alone till you can make another less complex post that only takes a long post. Alternatively they could build baracades that take 10 branches each, thats around 500 branch pulls for a 5-10, or over 100 bald spots, plus 100 twine.

I really do like the idea that you need to "save" your resources and not overpull things, I feel it has a place in a survivor game.. but without some kind of eventual regeneration, or spreading, I can't see this game continuing to look very good, or have many resources, if this actually gets popular on steam release. Would be nice to have grass that regrows in a season or even a year in game, branch spots could do the same if they're within x of a tree, so planting a tree on a blank area could turn what used to be grass into branch zone. Or even if thats all too complex, somehow tie'n it into the land restore so it just slowly comes back as the land gets reterraformed would even be good enough for now.

On a different subject:
    I'm wondering what the plans are for "block", shields & polearms?
    I fully understand the issues involved with projectiles and bows, so I can see how that is a different issue all on its own, but block has been removed from the game as well as polearms, when it seems like both could already be put into the game with existing mechanics based off existing weapons and possibly parry. At the very least, a slower, longer graphically shovel spear or wedge spear could in theory be as easy as copying the existing code from a shovel, getting a new graphic and change'n some values, then coming up with the crafts in weaponcraft. As for shield, I'd be happy for a larger hit box so its easier to "Sweet spot" on the shield and a flat percentage boost to parry when item equipped.

On a different note:
    I was wondering what other things you are hope'n or plan'n to add in the future for hardcore survivor game players who are here for the pvp & survival aspect more then the pve & building community?

Xsyon Citizen
    No idea about the other questions but when f2p tribes went live so did grass regeneration, grass will now slowly regrow over bald patches on public land, it just takes a while for anything to happen, as well as this you can now find twigs, branches etc at the base of any tree the only terrain types it doesn't work on is rock and sand.