Thread: New player

New player

Hello!

I am going to start playing today. I just wanted to see how active the forums are.

O.O

Hello and Welcome to Xsyon.

The forum is more active before and after patches, reporting bugs and suggestions. Many of us view the forum on a regular basis but do not post unless we need information.

Well, I cannot get this game to run without being very very laggy. I mean unplayable. I live in USA, have a 10 meg connection. No other PC's or devices connected. No other programs running or unneeded services either. I can run Combat Arms, Soldier Front 2, WoW (but who wants to play that?), Wurm, etc etc with no lag issues. I lowered all the settings and draw distances too! It sucks , because I really want to play this!

What are your computer specs because the games you listed are like 10+ years old.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    What are your computer specs because the games you listed are like 10+ years old.
    I can run Fallen Earth which is as old as this and looks about the same. I have a dual core @ 2.9 GHZ, 6GB DDR2 RAM, ATI Rad 4700 series

No offense but your computer is very old and slow. That is why you are having issues. I'm not sure which shaders it has but that should be good likely, but the video card is slow, the CPU is very old and doesn't even meet the min requirements listed here.

http://www.xsyon.com/content.php/74-...m-requirements

Which is a core2 duo 3.0ghz CPU.

I'm sure you can play these other games and not have some of the issues but the games you list. Fallen Earth min required CPU is a 1.8GHZ and Duo core to put it in perspective and it's an old game with worse graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    No offense but your computer is very old and slow. That is why you are having issues. I'm not sure which shaders it has but that should be good likely, but the video card is slow, the CPU is very old and doesn't even meet the min requirements listed here.

http://www.xsyon.com/content.php/74-...m-requirements

Which is a core2 duo 3.0ghz CPU.

I'm sure you can play these other games and not have some of the issues but the games you list. Fallen Earth min required CPU is a 1.8GHZ and Duo core to put it in perspective and it's an old game with worse graphics.
    Actually this is incorrect.

I play xsyon on a single core computer and it runs just fine, so I would suggest turning off all shadows but your own and see how that goes

Quote Originally Posted by Cheem View Post
    Actually this is incorrect.

I play xsyon on a single core computer and it runs just fine, so I would suggest turning off all shadows but your own and see how that goes
    What CPU do you have that is a single core that runs this?

Just FYI that info was taken from Xsyon's computer specs saying required to run the game not my made up ones. =P

Welcometo Xsyon !