Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farmers/Bots

Re:Farmers/Bots

Shrimps wrote:
    I believe it's been stated multiple times that you are NOT fully lootable unless you are an "Evil" character.
    This is a misunderstanding. There is full loot in Xsyon, and it doesn't depend on the victim's reputation.

Xsyon wrote:
    Death results in some stat and skill loss and allows the victor to fully loot the player. This is not without complications and consequences for the victor.
    Here is the whole thread:
    http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...-decisions#232

On topic:
    I'd be glad to see some other ideas against bots than PvP, since it can't be effective with a low population. I've played a game which had like 1000 players ( similar to the starting population of Xsyon) and usually when I played there were like 2-3 players online. With such a small amount of players in a world without fast traveling its impossible to catch bots.

Jadzia wrote:
    Shrimps wrote:
    I believe it's been stated multiple times that you are NOT fully lootable unless you are an "Evil" character.
    This is a misunderstanding. There is full loot in Xsyon, and it doesn't depend on the victim's reputation.

Xsyon wrote:
    Death results in some stat and skill loss and allows the victor to fully loot the player. This is not without complications and consequences for the victor.
    Here is the whole thread:
    http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...-decisions#232

On topic:
    I'd be glad to see some other ideas against bots than PvP, since it can't be effective with a low population. I've played a game which had like 1000 players ( similar to the starting population of Xsyon) and usually when I played there were like 2-3 players online. With such a small amount of players in a world without fast traveling its impossible to catch bots.

The PVP death and looting mechanics must've changed since I last read then, as when I last saw, you could only fully loot evil players and players you are at war with, also evil players took a large skill loss when killed, I suppose this is no longer the case.

It is a bit disheartening that there is no real consequence listed other than "It will have severe consequences".

My only guess is that you will have too much loot and can't organize it all?

Really hoping it doesn't end up like DF gankfest, it sounda alot like it atm.

As for botting I doubt it'll be a big deal.

Depletable rescources, limited carrying capacity both do alot to work against it, not to mention it seems like gathering takes a bit more than just clicking a node from the videos.

Destroying items doesn't work in game as there is no way to actually destroy them except maybe through wear and tear.

One thing that needs to be made clear is that having an extra account doesn't automatically mean someone is "botting". A bot needs a script for automation.

After I get into the game and see how it works, I may buy a second account to farm for me (manually). Not sure, yet. It's not cheating as some people like to say. It's simply a separate character. It doesn't make any difference if it's run by a player with a "main" or controlled by someone who has it as their only character.

Shrimps wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    The PVP death and looting mechanics must've changed since I last read then, as when I last saw, you could only fully loot evil players and players you are at war with, also evil players took a large skill loss when killed, I suppose this is no longer the case.

It is a bit disheartening that there is no real consequence listed other than "It will have severe consequences".

My only guess is that you will have too much loot and can't organize it all?

Really hoping it doesn't end up like DF gankfest, it sounda alot like it atm.

As for botting I doubt it'll be a big deal.

Depletable rescources, limited carrying capacity both do alot to work against it, not to mention it seems like gathering takes a bit more than just clicking a node from the videos.
    I don't know if you clicked on the link in my post, but the original post was written by Xsyon 2 months and 1 week ago, and it hasn't change since then. So its the original mechanic, I've never seen anything else. And the stat and skill loss is mentioned, there are other consequences too, so don't worry

I've seen bots gathering depletable rescources with limited carrying capacity, they ran to bank when they was full, and searched for new resource hub when one was empty...its really hard to stop them, I do hope though that the devs have some great new ideas !

Jadzia wrote:
    so all the police work is left for the Australians, and I'm afraid we don't have enough of them for that.
    Just get Sabina to put on her miniskirt and recruit. :laugh:

JCatano wrote:
    One thing that needs to be made clear is that having an extra account doesn't automatically mean someone is "botting".
    And to make it extra clear, that extra account requires a second subscription and a different email.

kiwibird wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    One thing that needs to be made clear is that having an extra account doesn't automatically mean someone is "botting".
    And to make it extra clear, that extra account requires a second subscription and a different email.
    And likely another purchase of the client, too. I don't think I've played an MMO that didn't require it.

however, it will prob be the same IP unless they are spoofing

Farmerbob wrote:
    Iron Maiden wrote:
    Well i'll just fraps when i go to enemy towns.

If i kill you and you don't move from crafting you might be getting a temp ban
    Depending on the situation, I might not be moving and fighting you because I am simply destroying anything of value that I might be carrying.

If I think I can take you, or if I think I can escape or if my friends nearby might get there before you can kill and loot me, then I might fight. Otherwise, it's scorched earth policy on my inventory. I'm not going to allow it to be profitable to loot me.

Devs need to address this right now then... like in darkfall... if u delete something ... and die within 5 minutes its still on your corpse.

Your deleting stuff is unrealistic, punk, and near exploiting.

Please make sure this isnt an issue