Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Farmers/Bots

Re:Farmers/Bots

Khenke wrote:
    I hate bots. Just to state it.

But having multiple accounts is not wrong, I wont do it but if people want to pay that extra amount of money each month just to avoid playing with other people, fine by me.

There is one way with almost 100% effective way of getting rid of bots. Ready?

Ok. You have seen it many many times. Captchas. Ok, I admit I hate captchas but not as much as I hate bots. Now it don't have to be a giant splash over the screen once every minute but when a repetitive motion is detected it would be ok. Or make it so that you have to write that captcha when you gather, but that would only work if it takes >10 sec to gather and resources are scattered (that is I'm not clicking on a resource every 5 sec like in many MMORPGs) so I don't have to write text all the time. I only play with a mouse and my G13 (just mapping keys not macros) so writing often is not fun.

Farmers are a different subject. On one hand I don't care if people cheat by buying gold or material for real currency. But for the love of god stop gold sellers from spamming me. I don't think Xsyon will be a game that will get a lot of attention from gold sellers thou.

I really hope that it is made so that we don't have to see a bot in the game. And please be hard on boting and cheating, no temporary bans, just permanent ban instant!
    So what if i start on a tree and decide to goto toilet, grab a drink and some food , maybe look at tele for a little while... will I be flagged as bot then? Won't work imo.

So what if i start on a tree and decide to goto toilet, grab a drink and some food , maybe look at tele for a little while... will I be flagged as bot then? Won't work imo.
    Depends if your character continue to play by it self when you are afk... Then yes you are a bot...
    And no it should not flag you as a bot, it should stop you from gathering/killing if you don't answer a captcha, it should ofc let you finish what you started before leaving.
    But if you cant answer an captcha once every 5 min you are obviously not playing. And sure you can attend your bot every 5 min but it will likely remove all boting.

Kookie wrote:
    Khenke wrote:
    I hate bots. Just to state it.

But having multiple accounts is not wrong, I wont do it but if people want to pay that extra amount of money each month just to avoid playing with other people, fine by me.

There is one way with almost 100% effective way of getting rid of bots. Ready?

Ok. You have seen it many many times. Captchas. Ok, I admit I hate captchas but not as much as I hate bots. Now it don't have to be a giant splash over the screen once every minute but when a repetitive motion is detected it would be ok. Or make it so that you have to write that captcha when you gather, but that would only work if it takes >10 sec to gather and resources are scattered (that is I'm not clicking on a resource every 5 sec like in many MMORPGs) so I don't have to write text all the time. I only play with a mouse and my G13 (just mapping keys not macros) so writing often is not fun.

Farmers are a different subject. On one hand I don't care if people cheat by buying gold or material for real currency. But for the love of god stop gold sellers from spamming me. I don't think Xsyon will be a game that will get a lot of attention from gold sellers thou.

I really hope that it is made so that we don't have to see a bot in the game. And please be hard on boting and cheating, no temporary bans, just permanent ban instant!
    Yes, if you want to leave your computer for a longer period than 1-2 mins then you should logout from the game. Leaving your character online unattended is risky anyway, the game has open PvP.

Yes, if you want to leave your computer for a longer period than 1-2 mins then you should logout from the game. Leaving your character online unattended is risky anyway, the game has open PvP.[/quote]

Yeah right away the PK'ers will establish "trade" routes and troll them daily so if you cant defend yourself, because your toon sux or you arent paying attention, youre better off staying on the porch ....... WOOFWOOF