Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: A crafter/traders (positive) view of open PvP

+nods+
    Very true, very logical, and joe's addition too.
    Beeing a crafter mostly too, I absolutely share the thoughts about the necessity of the risk.
    Thank you very much Khenke, Reefer, Joe for the so called walls, good content is allowed to take it's time to read.

Re:A crafter/traders (positive) view of open PvP

I do have some pressing concerns about this game. First off player actions are going to be very hard to restrict in relations to pvp around cities Any PKer with 1/2 a brain would just sit in front of a city folow a gatherer out of the city let him colect till he is full and fat then just chase him down and kill him while he is slow. And crafters wont be able to build much without resources.

Not true Nick2279, The only way you will be able to hide well in this game is to use your hide skill. But any one who wants to build up there perception skill will still be able to see them.

Also I would think that most tribes will be making camp close to as much resources as they can.

To the OP this was a B) post, That is if your still around.

Umn i think hiding in this game is ridiculosly easy. just teraform yourself a hill with a hole in it. sit in the hole and using 3rd person view you can see out of it. even if the resorces are close a pker with light armor and skill in running/sprinting can probably catch up to a heavy/loaded scavenger.

But yes i agree it is fun. I remember in EVE online i would scan down wrecks in lvl 5 missions in 0.0 space for salvaging awesome way to make money. Can make like 10-25mil a day. but flyung around in a go-fast destroyer with salvagers and cargo expansions. Its so fun flying with no guns and no armour.

So if I was gathering some wood and i see some guy running at me swinging and i pull out my knife and stab him first does that make me the pker? lol

Well ehhh sure i supose but in my opinion sum1 with say a 24 inch machete would do better in a fight then sum1 with a knife.

joexxxz wrote:
    100 % PVP. But here is a catch. Give tribe members a 10 % in defense, in their village only. So anyones dare to attack u in your village, will know that u have a defense bonus.
    Defense always has an advantage...In reality anyway not sure bout the game...

myeadon wrote:
    So if I was gathering some wood and i see some guy running at me swinging and i pull out my knife and stab him first does that make me the pker? lol
    More then likely not. Chances are that anyone attacking you will be evil, if you are good you will not get neg rep for attack an evil person.

What i wish to know is how realisticly can a crafter (or any non combat related class) defend themselves from sum1 with the intent to kill them.

Random Picture but i think its kinda epic Enjoy

Don't know about how well a non combat related class will be able to defend themselves from sum1 with the intent to kill them.

But as far as that just teraform yourself a hill with a hole in it. Will not work! When the game goes live you will only be able to teraform in side your tribe area, And only(if I have this right) if tribe leader(or who ever) gives you the right to.