Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Attention Xyon, "cart griefing".

We have a cart griefing, by placing cart at someones tribe and tribe leader can't move until timer runs-out, which can be reset just before it's deadline, I think tribe leader should be able to move/loot/change ownership/destroy/disassemble any cart that was left unintended after 30 minutes of real time, and one hour of real time outside tribe.

I think that is excessive. If someone is using this tactic you can call a guide to help.

I think it's unsafe to allow leaders that much control over other peoples stuff in tribe and Xsyon has been working toward making it so leaders have less control over other peoples stuff so people will feel safe in another tribe.

I think the changes to the carts are more than fine and still see no reason for a change.

Xsyon Citizen
    I think 30 minutes is enough time to do all the businesses and not leaving cart unintended.
    Xsyon could also give an option for tribe leader to divide peace of land for it's citizens, then you wont have that kind of problem with safety.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-22-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Znaiika I like the concept you suggested, however I'd suggest 1 week real time before a tribe leader could take action on a non-tribe cart. Things happen like a computer component fails and has to be repaired, a player or his/her family may be having some real situation to deal with, etc.

Also, unless there's a reason that I'm not seeing, I'd suggest that this be limited to tribe land only.

Xsyon Citizen
    1 week is still a good way to grief.
    30 minutes is enough time to do things and log off with a cart if you don't have time to get back to your place.

People who grief will always be around & will continue to find the means to grief no matter what is done to prevent it.

That being said, in my short time with Xsyon so far I have seen many more helpful and congenial players than griefers.

Such a short time of 30 minutes seems like it would have the potential to punish more good players than griefers.

This also could could lead to tribes locking their gates and greif a player by not giving him/her access to their cart that was left under legitimate circumstances...

Xsyon Citizen
    At least if there is a timer like 30 minutes people won't leave their carts around they would take their carts with them.
    If I have to come to someone else tribe for whatever reason I won't leave my cart there.
    You want your cart to be safe? don't leave it at someone else tribe, simple as that.

Your replies seem less like a discussion & more like you're settled on the specificity of a 30 minute timer for the cart. Any extenuating circumstances seem irrelevant to you.

I have to say that a constructive discussion of your proposal is difficult at the least. Until you can address the problems and situations that have been brought forward in my replies....I think we're done here.

I cannot support your idea in the form you're proposing.

Let me explain another way that 30mins can be abused to grief people's carts.

If I leave my cart out in the world, it is currently protected for a short time (2 real days or 18 game days).
    If there were a 30min timer. People could see a cart, drop a totem on it, wait 30mins and take the cart to another tribe to loot it once the other timer goes up to own it.

30mins is a very short and does not help with anything. If you are having a problem where a cart is in the way and you can't wait the 2 real days to move it. Then contact a guide.

Xsyon Citizen
    Like I said, people reset timer on a cart and leave it before timer runs out, and they can do that over and over because timer is way too long, 30 minutes would make them think twice not to leave their carts unintended.
    The way I see it you don't need ten carts at one time to do anything, people loot decayed tribes they bring several carts over and leave them there, you drop totem on top. they come back and just keep on resetting timer, leaving carts behind.
    Because it's a safest way to keep their loot, and they can take their loot whenever they want, no hurry.
    You can ask Xsyon to make an option to rent/land one of your storage building for your citizens, so you don't have that problem with safety.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-23-2014 at 04:00 AM.