Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the challenge

Hello,

I just joined last night and I joined the PvP server because I love to PvP and battling other players is always more challenging to me than NPC.

I only got to play for 30 minutes or so and I plan on getting more into it tonite (currently at work trolling the forums for more info and understanding of the game and community).

I've read that the PvP server isn't as popular as the PvE server is, but I'm curious about what is the challenge in the game regardless of being in PvP or PvE? Other than the tutorial that I have't finished yet there doesn't seem to be like a quest line (which is fine). However, is there NPC danger in the servers? Basically what is the challenge or where is the danger while I'm playing?

Or is this more of a game that I really don't have anything to worry about, I just come in and build what I want as long as I have the patience to accomplish it?

Also, these tribes, how do these interact with each other? Can 1 tribe control a whole area and force another tribe out of it? I'm not sure I grasp the benefits of tribes if we are all at peace with each other? I want to understand the dangers and challenges of the game or if I'll get bored of just building freely with no repercussions

For me the challenge is getting crap done while not being eaten by the local wildlife, but I'm pretty casual with my game time so that's all the challenge I need

Xsyon Citizen
    Look like you know your way around in this game, no need to give you heads-up.
    There is a difference between game and sport, some people are looking for game to spent their time and enjoy playing it, others are looking for pvp thinking pvp is the ultimate challenge, AI could be quite of a challenge if it is well scripted.

Last edited by romka2x; 12-19-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Killing every post I ever made.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintMirren View Post
    Or is this more of a game that I really don't have anything to worry about
    You wish, several of the animals will attack on sight, as will the mutant versions of most animals, then there's the Revenants, the reanimated corpses of members of long dead tribes, so the Peace server is anything but safe. Lot's of fun though, especially in the higher danger zones as you never know when something big and ugly will take a dislike to you.

What is the challenge ?

Well on the PVP Server, "IF" it was more populated, the challenge would be simply surviving the day.
    If another player kills you they can loot everything off your corpse. Thats a challenge enough.

Beyond that, you have to find food and water, find a suitable place to try and make a base for yourself.
    Then when you have that, you can start to hone your skills at whatever you choose to do in the game.

The simple fact is the PVP is not very populated so the First challenge of simply staying alive long enough to get stronger is easy.

Hopefully the more players that join the PVP server will make it more interesting.

The PVE server does not have the threat of constant death from other players but has all the other game mechanics.
    On the PVE server players tend to Build elaborate Tribes via the Architect skill, develop their craft skills, and hunt large game.

All the above is also available on the PVP server but with the added Threat of PVP conflict from other players.

Its kinda like Rust but with many more skills and options.

I hope this helps and Welcome to Xsyon

[EDIT] I forgot to add, that like Rust, there are no quests from NPCs. You are free to progress
    in any way you choose. Free to walk off in a random direction to see whats over the hill
    just for the hell of it. A True SandBox Game.

Sark
    Last edited by chojinuk; 12-07-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post
    What is the challenge ?

Well on the PVP Server, "IF" it was more populated, the challenge would be simply surviving the day.
    If another player kills you they can loot everything off your corpse. Thats a challenge enough.

Beyond that, you have to find food and water, find a suitable place to try and make a base for yourself.
    Then when you have that, you can start to hone your skills at whatever you choose to do in the game.

The simple fact is the PVP is not very populated so the First challenge of simply staying alive long enough to get stronger is easy.

Hopefully the more players that join the PVP server will make it more interesting.

Sark
    The problem with this option is a few things.

1)Combat is buggy at best and worst it's down right broken. Unbalanced and not fun.
    2)Gear in game is extremely easy to get to 90% level of top level, then the last 10% is extremely hard. So hard that people wouldnt wear it unless they know they can't lose it. (Like crafting inside tribe area).
    3)There are no objectives for PVP. Someone kills you and takes your gear/loot whatever, and you have 100 more back at base you lose nothing. So much so they likely just end up deleting what they took just to not carry it.
    4)Safety 100% of the server with totems able to be dropped anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post
    The PVE server does not have the threat of constant death from other players but has all the other game mechanics.
    On the PVE server players tend to Build elaborate Tribes via the Architect skill, develop their craft skills, and hunt large game.

All the above is also available on the PVP server but with the added Threat of PVP conflict from other players.

Its kinda like Rust but with many more skills and options.

I hope this helps and Welcome to Xsyon

[EDIT] I forgot to add, that like Rust, there are no quests from NPCs. You are free to progress
    in any way you choose. Free to walk off in a random direction to see whats over the hill
    just for the hell of it. A True SandBox Game.

Sark
    People build the same things on the PVP server as they do PVE, due to 100% safety and lack of any other reason to do anything.

I really believe that the option of duels and SOME areas of the map allowing pvp would be helpful, in combo with other things.

Xsyon Citizen
    DDT, you can review my thread http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/8432-Trial-server, I did explained how PVP option could be done right, but no special places, those places would lead to big problems for both PVP and PVE.

Why would I listen to you about PVP? You have already said you don't pvp, you dont want pvp, and you are trying to explain to me how PVP should work?

I think I will pass on reviewing a thread in where I've already explained to you (someone who doesnt do or like PVP) that your ideas about PVP will not work.

On top of this, you should be very happy, you got what you want. You have your PVE world, how is that working out for you? I'm waiting for ALL these massive amount of people to come back to the game that you said would come back.

Xsyon Citizen
    DDT your skill system forced people out from Xsyon, tons of people left because of skill system, an your decay system and many other things suggested by you forced people out, I do a lot of pvp but not in Xsyon, FYI. And I do know what people want.
    Fix skill system and you will see if people return. This is one of many things need to be fixed, give people PVP flag system and PVE server will have players playing but not PVP server.
    You are mad because pvp server is empty, really it is pvpers fault in the first place.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-09-2014 at 04:47 PM.