Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Link to Xsyons client revealed

Link to the latest client was revealed in one of the major mmo sites by one not likely competent fellow , now everyone can download the client :/ , i will send a private msg to Jooky about this , but i will post it here so he can contact me anyway , Jooky ,if you re here please search your pm's for my one

Re:Link to Xsyons client revealed

This scum posted at MMORPG.COM as well and I just reported that one. This is the second time some one created a new MMORPG.COM account for this sort of harassment.

I'm not in game yet so I don't know what I'm talking about, but I see there are some sec problems with the client software.

I think the download link should link to a thin patcher that is just 1 or 2 megabytes large.
    The actual client should be downloaded through patching.
    If the patcher is then hidden behind the login, then only who is actually flagged as "in-game" can patch (thus download the client).
    This will make these attempts useless and the staff can move on to more important work on Xsyon...

Please give us this "scums" IP

pid73 wrote:
    I'm not in game yet so I don't know what I'm talking about, but I see there are some sec problems with the client software.

I think the download link should link to a thin patcher that is just 1 or 2 megabytes large.
    The actual client should be downloaded through patching.
    If the patcher is then hidden behind the login, then only who is actually flagged as "in-game" can patch (thus download the client).
    This will make these attempts useless and the staff can move on to more important work on Xsyon...
    Virtus and Jooky have stated they do not want the download behind an authorized login because they intend for it to be free for everyone to download (just not yet!).

Currently you do only download the "patcher" which is a tiny download and then you get the majority of the 3gb+ game via the patcher.

That was quick. The thread is already down at MMORPG.COM. The poster had the same name, xsyonijji, as the person here.

If you give us the site logs for that persons I.P. I bet some of us are resourceful enough to trace it back and....well let's just say he won't be using that hard drive anymore B)

Err...

If it's a big deal at all it's because they'll have an outdated patcher in the future.

It's not like anyone can log in just because they have the client, the devs had already made that clear.

It's not a huge deal, it's just a waste of time for those that download it, especially if they intend to actually play, an it's a waste of bandwidth.

Players still need to log in to play the game.