Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    EVE and Darkfall are two examples of games whose economies work fine with no level restrictions.
    You shouldn't need level restrictions in a sandbox MMO to make meaningful economies, it's usually used to make your character feel more unique in games with much larger communities, like WoW and SWG.

How is there this confusion between players that one thinks you can max everything and one doesnt? Is it really practical to max everything? Is the game really enjoyable when limited to only X number of skills?

Not only is it practical but it has side benefits also. More skills at 100 = more HP. So it forces PVPers or hunters to have the feeling of the need to max every skill. Which is a major reason not to have this system. It does take a good while to level every skill to 100.

Is the game really enjoyable when limited? Well currently (and always) there is no limit.
    Having said that, many games limit your crafting and combat skills to a few choices. I do not think enjoyment is linked to limiting or unlimited skills. I think the link of limited or unlimited skills is how is the game set up? How is the economy, how is the crafting, how is the resource gathering, what type of trade system they have etc.

Personally, I think limiting the # of skills would allow people to either focus and be great at a couple of things, or be a jack of all trades and do what they like just not the best at it. Which is what Xsyon said his system was meant to be like, just it's not like that in game.

Xsyon Citizen

Is it possible for Xsyon to change Warped Branch Knife requirements? to remove Mule Antlers and replace it with metal plate or whatever, I don't think newbie can hunt deer at that level to make knife.

there are plenty of of weapons, and you still can trade for knifes. no change neccessairy imo

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Is it possible for Xsyon to change Warped Branch Knife requirements? to remove Mule Antlers and replace it with metal plate or whatever, I don't think newbie can hunt deer at that level to make knife.
    Noobies can make many other types of knives just requires a knife blade. I see no reason to make this change, if they were to change it it would need to be balanced on how hard it is to get knife blades/bear claws else it wouldn't be fair/balanced.
    Small plates are a common item and can be found through pulling scrap and sorting OR scavenging, making it extremely easy to get that material.

You have to look at balance and not just making things just super easy.

7. 12-18-2014, 04:07 AM
    Reason
    didn't realize this information was already posted. Didn't see multiple pages at first.

Last edited by romka2x; 12-19-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Killing every post I ever made.

Xsyon Citizen
    DDT? is this another way to get rid of PVE players? then say " I told you PVE server would not work ". I see you want Xsyon to choke for lack of players, this way you'll succeed for sure.
    Have fun ruining this game.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-18-2014 at 04:55 AM.

Last edited by romka2x; 12-19-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Killing every post I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    DDT? is this another way to get rid of PVE players? then say " I told you PVE server would not work ". I see you want Xsyon to choke for lack of players, this way you'll succeed for sure.
    Have fun ruining this game.
    How is it a choke point? You start with a blade.
    They are not that hard to make, you can make them scav or hunting, you can also trade for them. Anyone using that many blades is likely hunting anyways.
    On top of this you likely can find them in dead tribes because people have extra. I see them on trade totems also for like 50dollars.
    I would say "What do you want everything handed to you?" but literally this is HANDED to you at the start of the game!!!