Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Darkness....

Re:Darkness....

Veldern wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    Being realistic is not a good argument when its about nighttime in a game. What do we do during night in real ? Mostly sleep. We don't walk out in forests, we stay in bed or stay in a house with lights on. In a game you want to play, no matter what period of the day it is...you want to craft, build, terraform, kill, just like as it was daylight. Night should be dark enough to let you know it is night, but it shouldn't stop you to actually play the game. If there are torches or any other lightsources to help you out thats another question.
    That is one argument, scroll up a bit if you wish to read mine. (It's the longer of my posts.)

**EDIT**
    It's about 3/4ths of the way down page 2.
    Yes, I read that earlier

I'm not in game yet, no personal experience how dark it is at night in the game, so I mean my post about darkness in general.

I don't see why darkness would make people to make plans for PvP...if you can't spot your enemy, you can't kill him, if you have to use torch to find him then again you can't kill him since he will see you coming form far. Not to mention that preys won't be out in the forest, since they can't see enough to gather stuffs. No advantage on town raids either, if the attacking army has to use torches. And people wouldn't travel on roads at night, exactly for the reason you mentioned...way too easy to be trapped. They would choose the slower but safer route, or would just stay at home.

So as far as I see too much darkness at night is discouraging to play the game in that period, more of an annoyance than feature. Thats only my opinion of course.

By 'too much darkness' I mean if you are unable to do the same activities at night that you can do during daylight.

Just wait till clothing effects get turned on, you wont be able to wear the same stuff between winter and summer. Which means you will have to do things slightly different, it will be hard pressed if you can go on doing the same thing.

Why then, would it make sense if you can just go on at night, when night time is going to shake things up a bit. But there are advantages of operating at night, or else nature would not have animals that are nocturnal. Just because you can't see at night, does not mean other can not. This does mean me and Virtus will be coming for you at night

EDIT: on a side note if you failed your perception roll, you would simply fail to see me right in front of you :lol: :blink:

i talked to jooky about this and unoffical i believe he might maybe plans to put in a brightness altering option. It will increase or decrease the light by 15%. No ETA on this

The reason why some people are complaining is because of graphics cards/monitors and the way the game processes how it should appear. Some graphics cards/monitors will see it as just right while other people might see it as too dark because of how its rendered.

Diocletian wrote:
    Just wait till clothing effects get turned on, you wont be able to wear the same stuff between winter and summer. Which means you will have to do things slightly different, it will be hard pressed if you can go on doing the same thing.

Why then, would it make sense if you can just go on at night, when night time is going to shake things up a bit. But there are advantages of operating at night, or else nature would not have animals that are nocturnal. Just because you can't see at night, does not mean other can not. This does mean me and Virtus will be coming for you at night
    I hope thats a promise B) You'll be welcomed with a nice,hot cup of tea, if you can drink or or it will be poured on your head will depend on the intent of the visit :P

Ps.: Thanks for the info, Virtus, even if it's unofficial !

That's good to hear, Virtus.

I experienced my first night in Xsyon yesterday and it was pretty dark to me.

I have an ATI 5850 card hooked up via HDMI to a Toshiba Regza 32 inch TV/monitor, running the graphics at 768x 1350(ish), full screen, so I think my graphics are fairly high end.

Kitsume wrote:

I have an ATI 5850 card hooked up via HDMI to a Toshiba Regza 32 inch TV/monitor, running the graphics at 768x 1350(ish), full screen, so I think my graphics are fairly high end.
    doesn't matter how high end it is, it depends on how it processes the rendering code for hte graphics.

Kitsume wrote:

Damn girl! Got a big enough monitor? :P

sisler86 wrote:
    Kitsume wrote:

:laugh:

I've gotten used to it. I have the TV/monitor on a swinging wall mount, move it one way and it is over a corner of my desk. Slide and turn it points to a couch where I watch my DVDs or play games on the PS3. Sort of wish it was 1080p instead of 768p though, but I don't have to sit on top of it to see the action either.

Kitsume wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Kitsume wrote:

:laugh:

I've gotten used to it. I have the TV/monitor on a swinging wall mount, move it one way and it is over a corner of my desk. Slide and turn it points to a couch where I watch my DVDs or play games on the PS3. Sort of wish it was 1080p instead of 768p though, but I don't have to sit on top of it to see the action either.
    That's still a pretty BA setup though.

I have a 22" HD monitor on my desktop which is just fine for me, but sometimes I prefer to relax and use my laptop, but that has a 19" HD display so it's still not bad.

Anyway...so yeah, that land bridge..........it's dumb :P

I thought I was pretty cool with a 24in monitor! I want a bigger one now!! :cheer: