Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You will have a entire zone to build in so traps, lookouts and such will be a definite possibility. Depending on how many color variants of the flag there will be either 2 flags or a neutral flag that will be revealed at a later date. But there will be a max size for the fortress in the amount of floor tiles wide and long it can be and a maximum height limit for the fortress as well as rules saying there cant be any doors blocking the way to flag rooms, no parkour of course to get to the flag rooms. Things like that.

This is just throwing numbers out but I am thinking 50x50m or 100m area for the main base might be about right. Certianly not any larger and perhaps smaller due to the amount of people that have so far acknowledged their participation. And it may work out that we only have one actual team of builders that end up needing to build both bases?

We don't want to bite off more than can be accomplished by a small team if we want to finish in a resonable amount of time.

As soon as it is decided can we get your max LxWXH for the base? That would help us start to envision what we might build.

hhahahaha nice.. but how many ppl ..in event ...7-8 persons only ......
    i m playing only in pvp server for 2 years ..in 2 years only see and talk with 7-8 plsyers

im stelgard of brotherhood of bones tribe

A number of people from the PVE server will be coming to do the building. Rewards for the building can be given out on either server

I am planning on looking at the game in Feb, although I will say having two areas, one where you build and gear up, and some other area that you have to supply and keep that is more vulnerable, gives a reason to gear up in PVE and can be an item sink to keep economy functional.

With scheduled PVP events where you have to hold the flag at an outpost to keep it would make for interesting combat, it is a functionality that has been successful before.

Then you have all the fun of the PVE building, but also can build outposts you have to supply in a PVP area where people build outposts and compete to hold those outposts.

As far as prizes, the idea of flags... Having the victory let you fly a flag of the fort you control at your home village, sounds like a way to have a reward.

If there are event times where you can attack forts, and other times where you have to haul wood and stone and repair or expand the forts then it really does sound like a good idea.

Have you considered after some outpost forts are built, having a port gate into the area, for the event a ways from the forts, so that part of your building is to protect the fort you captured in the last event includes having to supply the fort with whatever you use to build defenses?

Having the forts built where there are fewer resources, so that people have to move through pvp dangerous open area to supply and repair the fort, preparing for the next attack event is an idea also. Although capturing a fort would be only an event item.

We are still moving forward with this event, though the beginning of it will be marked by the upcoming building patch once it is placed on PVE and PVP servers. This event requires a number of changes that must placed into an update, that and the new building changes will obviously compliment the event.

May I ask how you will pick who will come over and build?

I am still on the fence about taking part IN the event, mosly due to not having a clear understanding on how it will work.

I am very interested in building and would liek to take part in that regardless.

You had me at Mist lol Cant wait i hope im not working that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    May I ask how you will pick who will come over and build?

I am still on the fence about taking part IN the event, mosly due to not having a clear understanding on how it will work.

I am very interested in building and would liek to take part in that regardless.
    Anyone will be able to join though they must do so under the supervision and guidance of project leaders that we pick if this were not the case then undoubtedly the entire zone would end up a mess. I and some other guides will be supervising the entire project very closely completing ghost objects, and fending off the inevitable griefing that is likely to come we want everyone to have fun during the event but not at the expense of others hard work.

With the new building patch the building time should be very minimal as players will not have to gather the mats to complete it.