Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Up Coming Fortress Event Changes

Hello Xsyonians,

We've had a change of plans in the way we will be doing the building event for our capture the flag fortresses. First of all and most exciting will be the fact that the building will not be taking part in your tribal areas, but rather we will be opeing up a zone in the mist! This will give you a chance to build in an area never seen before. We will port your toons to this location and it will be an area where anyone can build, though it will be closely supervised by guides. We will provide shovels, food, and water for the builders. You can choose to leave your characters in the area or you can death port home and ask a guide to port you back when you want to return. We will also complete the ghost structures for you so no materials are needed, just your creativty and land shaping. We will be appointing two tribes experienced in building to the task, but anyone wanting to join in can under the guidence of one of the tribe leaders appointed. And also since this will no longer be a contest we will be rewarding those building with a replica flag from the event which will be unique to the people that helped, but will give no advantage other than cool cosmetic swag saying you were a part of the event.

The advantage of this will be that we will have an entire zone to work in and the forts dont have to be very close, with that you can set ambushes traps obstacles. This opens up alot of potential and creativity for those of you who enjoy building! The event has not yet been set to start but will let you know in the coming days when it will, until then let us know what you think!

GuideIsrafel,
    Last edited by GuideIsrafel; 01-12-2015 at 01:26 PM.

The old thread has been locked please continue posting here about the event, thank you.

I will say again, I think this is a fabulous idea! I also love the idea of a replica flag as a reward for playing.

Well it will be a reward for building the forts the reward for playing CTF will be different. So the only way to get a replica flag is to help us build it!

Sounds like fun to me and the mist zone is a great idea.

Sounds like fun, I think it will give a chance to the builders to go to town and make a couple of cool looking fortress bases and show of the building aspect of the game.

What if the toon a person uses for that event doesn't have any blueprints for building? A new player will not have accumulated very many.

if i have free time i want help building with other builder...port me to this place then...;

Quote Originally Posted by zymmie View Post
    What if the toon a person uses for that event doesn't have any blueprints for building? A new player will not have accumulated very many.
    These will most likely be handled by the tribe leaders or those that have the necessary blueprints.

Quote Originally Posted by zymmie View Post
    I'm thinking that the biggest and most daunting part of these builds is going to be the terraforming part, and that is something everyone can do regardless of skills. The other part is going to be coming up with creative ideas for the fort, and things like traps, look outs, tree clearing to see incoming enemies, and advantageous defensive positions to block or slow incoming adversaries. Of course I'm guessing at all of this since we don't know the rules or what and how big we are going to be permitted to build.