Recipes for cooking

I do not understand how to get no penalties with the recipes. I have like one 2-2-2 recipe that gives +175 health and one about the same that does energy. But I can not seem to get any of the 3-3-3, or 4-4-4 with out a 20% or so reduction.
    Do people have recipes that they can/will share? Or ideas on how to put together recipes. The wiki is a bit weak in the cooking page.

When you max out cooking you can use 4/4/4 for a recipe.
    The top line has nothing to do with no penalties so use anything you want there.
    The second line is the stat bonus / neg. Pick here ones that counter each other, or close to it.
    Then the last line can get lowers neg effects plants, the more you fill here the lower those effects will be. If you had low effects to start with you can make it so no neg effects.
    Like say you use a +3 str -2 dex, +3 str - 2 dex, +3 str -2 dex, +3 dex -1 str. Total bonus of +8 str, -3 dex.
    If you lower the neg effects by say 75% (using 4 slots), you change the -2 to a - .50, and the -1 to a -.25. Making the total a +8.75 str, +.50 dex.

I hope that helps.
    Remember QL of the mats and skills effect the recipe. Also there is an effect from flavor. Good luck, cooking is very fun in Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    When you max out cooking you can use 4/4/4 for a recipe.
    The top line has nothing to do with no penalties so use anything you want there.
    The second line is the stat bonus / neg. Pick here ones that counter each other, or close to it.
    Then the last line can get lowers neg effects plants, the more you fill here the lower those effects will be. If you had low effects to start with you can make it so no neg effects.
    Like say you use a +3 str -2 dex, +3 str - 2 dex, +3 str -2 dex, +3 dex -1 str. Total bonus of +8 str, -3 dex.
    If you lower the neg effects by say 75% (using 4 slots), you change the -2 to a - .50, and the -1 to a -.25. Making the total a +8.75 str, +.50 dex.

I hope that helps.
    Remember QL of the mats and skills effect the recipe. Also there is an effect from flavor. Good luck, cooking is very fun in Xsyon.
    Thanks for this nice info Mr.DDT,
    now its clear and i can cook nice things!
    And...this cooking in Xsyon is one of the greatest cooking in an MMO ..

A fun thing to do with cooking is have the player code database remember the last 10 meals you ate then if you are eating something you ate recently it has less effect. If you eat something different then the last ten meals it has more effect. That can make a need for more variety is more realistic and stops the finding of one best meal to always make. It also allows for master meals that are combinations of many items to fill those ten spots faster so your 'best stat item' is more effective.

So if you ate a +healing fish meal 10 times in a row, the fifth time out of last 10 meals it wood give you 50% of stat help, and 10th time only 10%, although each meal would fill a person up the same.