I played quite a few sandbox games at my time, even tried Xsyon at some point in the past, and now I just saw it on steam and thought at giving it another try, but before doing that I have a few questions and I hope to get some answers from the people still playing.

1. What I remember is a lowish population of probably less than 100 active premium players, with no more than 30-40 premium players at peak times; now looking at least at the infos from steam charts ( http://steamcharts.com/app/297470 ) it looks that things don't look much better, plus the population is now spread among two servers and no more free players. So my question is - about how high the population really is (estimation of course) in total number of (premium) players, active players at peak/average time?

2 (connected with 1). Does the game look like blossoming, dying or just staying about the same, with the same few faces from ever? Is the game evolving (aka having regular updates, a growing dev team) or just turn out in a hobby project of a "one man team"?

3. The restrictions for skill are still in place as in you can't really succeed with only one account? If yes, are there real communities where people actually work together towards a common goal or at least have active trade hubs? Or pretty much to succeed one has to have a small army of alts to cover all/most professions?

4. What server is more populated? PVE or PVP?

5. Not like you have to, of course, but if I would be your friend and you would try to convince me to join, what argument you would bring to drop my WURM accounts and start Xsyon, not LIF, 7DTD or Repopulation? What makes it better than all these games?

Thanks!