Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    you said treehouses will be possible. but with the frames trees cant be planted right in place.

so we can only build around a tree, not plant one on the place we builded? leafs annoy you if you try to build up there and move in your screen all the time. a possibility to plant a tree in the place you will need it ( as players did before ) would help

the terraforming thing cant be tested during winter season. i recognized i can use the roads skill close to architectures but i also can use the dig skill which have no effect. the ground is covered by snow so i cant see if streets work well.
    Last edited by Pwnuts; 02-05-2015 at 01:32 PM.

about the frames. 2x10, 2x20 instead of only 4x4 frames would be a good thing too, to avoid having posts everywhere inside buildings. would also help to make decent bridges. ( sized was just an example )

or split frames into parts ( posts, platforms ) again and let the player decide the size, frame would require to have at least 4 posts at a certain size.
    Last edited by Pwnuts; 02-05-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Zone 904 X 889 Z 152 will put you next to my totem.

I think the two yellow log walls might have been partially my fault, I started this construction off with a 2x4x4 ramp colliding with a frame with a floor on the frame, I built all three and then dismantled the frame as this was before you had added the blocking. A couple of server updates later and I decide to fully build that side, so I rebuilt the frame and I think that might have been what glitched that corner client side, as I didn't realize until later that a built frame could act as support for walls on top of it, so seeing them as yellow didn't register until after I had built the log walls under them.

The first color change when every ghost turned red happened just as I completed building a frame, the floor on top of it should have changed from yellow to gray, instead it and every other ghost turned red.

The second color change was when I was moving a floor into position, I created the project on the ground and the ghost was gray, moved it vertically and it changed to red, but once I started to move it horizontally into place it turned to gray, and that was despite it having nothing under it, even when I got it into place on top of a ghost frame it stayed gray instead of turning yellow.

The Test Server is currently open with the most recent changes, however, we're not ready for public testing quite yet. I'm going to check some things with the Test Server data and with some direct assistance first.

Once the Test Server is ready for more testing, I will post here and make an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Once the Test Server is ready for more testing, I will post here and make an announcement.
    I didn't read the forum before logging in to test, but the test server was live so I logged in.

Early in this thread you mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    For testing only:
    - Only Banaya parts have been updated for testing. Please test only with Banaya parts.
    - Banaya parts at auto-learned at 5 architecture skill.
    When I logged in to test, the chat window named all the Banyana pieces we have "Auto learned", but there was also a "Gadu Frame" in that list. Unfortunately I decided to test it and though it did place a Gadu ghost frame, there is no right click menu. Now I can't move it or remove it either. I imagine that is because it isn't yet completed, but I thought I would mention it was on test in case it wasn't intended, and to warn others not to make that same mistake. It kills that area from testing since you can't move the frame.

Xsyon Citizen
    That frame was auto learned by everyone right from the start of testing, it didn't work back then either. Never even thought to try it while I was on test over the weekend.

The Test Server is open again for public testing!

I've updated the top post in this thread with the most current details on the revised construction system. I will be adding 8x8 and Cantilever Truss parts this week and that should complete this update! More parts, including fences, porches, 2x4 meter floors and bridge parts will be added in a subsequent update.

Please post any technical issues or problems encountered with these changes here. Please report any missing meshes or icons as well. If you reported an issue above and can still reproduce it, please report it again.

If you have any general, non technical concerns with this update please post in the Discussion thread.

Notes:
    - I was not able to reproduce the issue reported with all building ghosts turning red or white. I've revised many of the placement check functions, however, and there is also a final safety check when you attempt a final build command.

- I will be patching some changes straight to the test server while testing. Sometimes fixing one issue causes another to appear. If something seems to be a problem, please report it without assuming that it is intentional.

Thanks!

could you use a current backup from the pve server please? i'd like to test something else on the testserver.

Xsyon Citizen
    Logged and relogged just in case it was a glitch, every single one of my carts have no wheels when they are not being used, they also have a double hull one slightly higher than the other, they also have no collision until you get too close in which case you are now inside the collision and have problems getting out again.
    They look and appear to work correctly when being used, you just have to "drop" them when your on the move to avoid getting stuck inside it.

I can get in on laughingoak but there are problems with carts for me that has prevented me from even using the new parts.

First off the carts look like they are doubled up .. one stacked inside another. I tried to move one, but now I am trapped connected to the cart, I can drop it but cannot get out of the handles. moving it is looks all weird too and it has no wheels.

I cannot test anything till this is solved

btw tried on two diff computers and the same thing