Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    To Pwnuts:

Walls can be inserted inside 8x8m frames and roofs at the 4m line. Here's an example from my test projects.

Attachment 476

i can see that the pioneer walls on this picture does not fit yet, is it taken before you changed it or is it still like this?

To Pwnuts:

Do you mean the outer pioneer walls? Those are correctly placed. Walls align with their centers on the edge of a floor, truss or roof. This allows for a tighter fit of walls around a floor or roof than on the main servers (using normal building methods on the main servers).

Aesthetically, some roof parts may be revised to have a larger overhang over walls in the future.

yes i do, the edges / outer corners of the combos gate+log wall III / log wall I + Log wall III do not fit. if you just look at the wooden blanks/logs, they are not succinctly. i know the height of the walls are the same but the walls look diffrent. would be nice if they would be succinctly ith each other

More of a UI thing than building, but it does affect this mechanic:
    Could the move tool "widget" be made to allow changing its position..as it sits square in the middle of the screen it many times blocks the view of pieces you are trying to maneuver into place.

Also, I am wondering how the ability to lower walls into the ground will affect LOS with creatures (especially ranged weapons), and at what "height" from ground level will they simply be able to step over or get hung up on.
    Last edited by Drevar; 03-06-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Drevar it can be moved, just below the left and right arrows is an area you can grab with the left mouse button.