Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

01/30/2015 Multi-Story Building Discussion

Whats going to happen with the buildings with floating parts already?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Whats going to happen with the buildings with floating parts already?
    From what Ive seen on the test server already constructed Arch will not be affected so current
    floating arch will still be there.

But if you do dismantle currently floating arch made before the changes - it immediately turns Red
    meaning that you cant re-build it until you place a Banaya Frame under it, then it turns gray and
    you can build it again - removing the frame afterwards.

The new system will prevent new floating arch but finished and built arch seems to be unaffected until you dismantle it.

BUT.... the new system isnt finshed yet so I cant be certain how current arch will be affected - if at all.

Overall the new system will just change how NEW arch is done. - it seems
    What am I'm saying is that I dont think anything already built will change.
    so nothing will fall to the floor thats already built. ie not a ghost
    (I think the worst that will happen is that unsupported Ghost arch will turn Red
    meaning you cant build until you turn it grey by supporting it- but dont quote me)

[EDIT - actually while writing this post i already thought of way to do floating arch with the new
    system - it seems once its built arch its safe so using both dirt piles and or frames you can build
    something on top of dirt or a frame then build the project so its not a ghost anymore and then
    remove the dirt and frame. in fact just the same as now]

These arch changes primarily change how ghost arch behaves ie it doesnt drop like before
    and it it turns red when not supported.

So drop arch wont work anymore, you can build on a roof, it no longer falls to the floor though.
    (due to collision)

So anyone already building with Drop Arch will need to finish b4 these changes go live!!

Maybe Jordi could announce the date these changes will hit the live servers at least a few weeks before he implements it to give players a chance to finish any current drop arch projects.

Sark
    Last edited by chojinuk; 01-31-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post

Maybe Jordi could announce the date these changes will hit the live servers at least a few weeks before he implements it to give players a chance to finish any current drop arch projects.

Sark
    +1 Sark.
    at east to be fair

since some architectures will become unique, a new setting for member ranks would be a good solution to keep those.

"dismantle" ( only own architectures )
    "dismantle all" leader + ppl who get this rank.
    Last edited by Pwnuts; 02-01-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnuts View Post
    +1 Sark.
    at east to be fair

since some architectures will become unique, a new setting for member ranks would be a good solution to keep those.

"dismantle" ( only own architectures )
    "dismantle all" leader + ppl who get this rank.
    Goes even beyond this, we need the option to trade/sell building parts.
    If you make something for the tribe as a leader I would like to control that. I don't want later you are a member to any time you choose able to tear down a piece that never can be built again, or cause other objects to fall.