Patcher suggestion

It's already been mentioned elsewhere that making the patcher password protected might be in the best interest of the game, but along the same lines, I'm wondering:

Does the patcher check for DirectX capatability? Or does the game simply assume that since there was a DirectX installer in the game package, that people would run it rather than bypass it?

If it's not checked, it might be a good idea to implement. Just to be sure that people actually install what the game needs.

Re:Patcher suggestion

Farmerbob wrote:
    Does the patcher check for DirectX capatability? Or does the game simply assume that since there was a DirectX installer in the game package, that people would run it rather than bypass it?
    From the Xsyon update sticky thread.

Xsyon wrote:
    1) New Installer. The installer is more flexible and includes a better DirectX install that will check to make sure that you have the latest DirectX files. We will be using this installer from now on.

Xsyon wrote:
    1) New Installer. The installer is more flexible and includes a better DirectX install that will check to make sure that you have the latest DirectX files. We will be using this installer from now on. Much thanks to Thiago Fagundes for creating this installer for us!

*slaps hand over face*

nevermind

Farmerbob wrote:
    *slaps hand over face*

nevermind
    I think what Mr Bob was talking about is having some sort of launcher that you first have to authenticate through before the download begins, be it a patch or a full download.

I suggested that elsewhere and wanted to mention it but not beat a dead horse here.

I did indeed mean to request exactly the directx verification that was actually quite clearly indicated in Xsyon's notes hmy:

My suggestion would be to readd the "Y of X gb downloaded" feature, I hate not knowing what Im downloading and how much is left.

Its there, when it is downloading an entire file.