Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The last 0.2 m of a Bamati 2x4x4 ramp extends over 4 m higher than it's top (over 8 m from it's base).

Hi

I havnt really played with the new system much until now.

But i have a few questions/issues

Why cant you stack 4x4 trusses on top of 8x8s ?

It seems you have to use all 4s or all 8s stack wise

and

You can make internal walls, they fit inside a truss and "seem" to be able to fit between floor tiles
    so both floor tile and wall are both at the 4m hieght.

Its not the same for 4m Platforms, they sit ontop of the Floor tiles making the combined hieght of
    a floor tile and platform 4.2m which makes the top 0.2m of the platform go into the next truss
    which then makes it impossible to lay more floor tiles for the floor above.

So 4m Platforms are not intended to be used inside buildings ?

Or add a new floor tile that is quarter the size of the current one so that
    4 of them make 1 floor tile i dunno what you would call it 2x2 ?

also add 2x4 floor tiles

then you could fit these new floor tiles around the top of a 4m platform to make
    a 4x4 floor for the next level up

Im also having an issue of floor tiles dropping to the ground when you place them right in the corner of a 8x8m truss. Anywhere else they float on the top of the truss but as soon as you move them into the corner which you have to do if you want to cover the top of the truss in floor tiles it drops to the floor.

[EDIT] Same issue as Thurgond above it seems, 4m Ramps and 4m platforms (big ones)
    sit on top of floor tiles making the combined hieght 4.2M which doesnt fit into a 4M truss

adding the new smaller floor tiles would fix it as long as they dont also drop to the ground
    when placed in the corner of an 8x8 truss

Sark
    Last edited by chojinuk; 03-27-2015 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post
    Hi
    Im also having an issue of floor tiles dropping to the ground when you place them right in the corner of a 8x8m truss. Anywhere else they float on the top of the truss but as soon as you move them into the corner which you have to do if you want to cover the top of the truss in floor tiles it drops to the floor.

Sark
    This one I know thanks to LaughingOak (sorry Uriel, you were 5 seconds too slow). Unclick Snap and you can place floor tiles in the corners of 8x8 trusses. They will go green in precisely the same spot where you were seeing them drop to the ground.

Ravelli

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    This one I know thanks to LaughingOak (sorry Uriel, you were 5 seconds too slow). Unclick Snap and you can place floor tiles in the corners of 8x8 trusses. They will go green in precisely the same spot where you were seeing them drop to the ground.

Ravelli
    Thank you so much ! worked a treat - that little tick box turns out to be quite important and i completely overlooked it!

Thanks
    Sark

A few notes based on comments above.

1) Dropping baskets on built upper floors. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, can you please check if you can reproduce this on the Test Server? If you can, please give me an exact location. I can't reproduce this in my test area.

2) Ramps and platforms. These are exactly 4 meters high. If I change the height to accommodate placing a platform on top of one floor and beneath another, platforms will be 3.8 meters high. This would throw off the entire system for aligning ramps with trusses and walls.

I believe that the addition of 2x4 meter floors (currently in testing) allows you to build the situations you are trying to build.

Another potential improvement is to allow platforms to sink into floors. This is more problematic though and I with 2x4 meter floors (and maybe 2x2 meter floors) this won't be necessary.

Let me know what you all think.

3) Architecture functions used from a distance. I have two choices here:

- Allow all functions to work from the full 16 meter distance (open, label, etc.)
    - Set up the code to check two distances and have the open, label, etc. buttons appear only when close enough to the building, while allowing dismantle from the full distance.

Please post your preference on this matter.

4) Areas where you terraform but the terrain doesn't change. If you are next to a building part, this is intentional. The surface should change but the terrain should not. If you feel a specific location is not changing and is not close enough to a building part, please continue to post locations and we will check them.

5) Stacking trusses. I will add some truss variations with cross beam supports that will allow stacking of any truss types.

6) Floors dropping to the ground through trusses. Can you reproduce this on the current Test Server build? I believe I fixed the issue.

For those that have the time and inclination, please check any issues you have on the current Test Server and let me know if you still have the issues. Also, please report any new issues (if any) that you may find.

Thanks!

I experienced some rubber banding between walking on floor and swimming.

I think it was because the floor was close to water or slightly under water.