Xsyon Citizen

Dead tribes and carts

What happens to carts inside a tribe when the tribe hits 810 days inactive and the totem is removed.

Do they instantly become abandoned or is there a delay on them.

Got a bit of an argument going on in chat as a result of Serenity Reborn hitting the 810 days.

I've been at several tribes when they hit 810 and every single time the carts have gone abandoned the second the totem was gone, today was the first where that didn't happen.

The totem will pop at 810. The carts become available at 811. One game day later.

Euin

Xsyon Citizen
    I was kind of after for an "official" response, as what you've posted goes against my own experience so I was wondering if something has been changed.

I was at Red Legion when it hit 810 and it's totem was removed, every single cart went from Deserted to Abandoned, I was the only person there at the time so I got all of them.

Same thing with Wolverines, there was three of us waiting on the totem hitting 810 on that one, when it was removed it was a mad dash to grab the carts as they had also become abandoned.

I've even been there when much younger tribes have hit the 810 days mark and got carts from them within seconds.

Granted Serenity was the first tribe I've raided since Wolverines, as tbh I have more carts than I know what to do with, but getting my hands on a scrapper was just too tempting.

The official response is... it depends.

Both tribes and carts update every game day in a loop that runs update functions in a consecutive order. Each update function checks the timer separately at the time the function is called. This was done so that timers for each update function could be individual adjusted for both testing or in case an update function should run on its own schedule, for example once every game hour or once every 3 game days.

Because of this the timing could occur two different ways, illustrated as follows:

1) Synchronized
    - Game day switches over
    - Cart update runs - carts update
    - Totem update runs - totems update

In this situation both carts and totems will be abandoned at the same time.

2) Not synchronized
    - Cart update runs - carts don't update
    - Game day switches over
    - Totem update runs - totems update

In this case, a totem can be abandoned, but the carts will not be abandoned until the next update loop runs.

This is a bit technical but I hope it's clear.

Carts change at the next update cycle. Mostly that happens on Xsyon day change. But you can also cause it to happen in other ways. Like take a cart in your tribe and move it off tribe land if you are the leader and it's over 135 game days from use. It will go abandoned on the next game day.