Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Will I use other tribes? If it is the only place to get certain BPs then *#&&@(! no!!!! Why you ask? If the only way to get cash is to scavenge for it then I should also have a chance to find these BPs also. Just on the fact that you are not letting the players dictate the economy is enough to show you what's between my index and ring finger. If I can't find or trade for them well that's just how it goes and I can live with out. You are adding something to the game that will ONLY help people who have been here for years. If I have no way to SELL things how to I get these 10s of thousands of dollars for a single print? How will I buy them? I wont. I will just accept that those who were here from beta get a bit more perks.

If your prices are $1000 for crap schemes that i have 100s of. Then I suppose your rare BPs will be so over priced it will not even be worth looking at. That is unless I'v been playing this game for years. So no I will most likely not use this and I think your time could be spent on better things. But what the hell do I know?

If you want to bring players together try a globe trade center where we can buy and sell things to from each other. Simple math tells us...If you have 100 people and you give them 5 places to come together then you will get 20 people at 5 places. Give them 2 places to come together you will have 50 at 2 places or all of them at ONE! But you have stated you have no desire in that kind of trade so...like I said before hope this update works out for the rest of you.
    Last edited by GuideUriel; 03-28-2015 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary curse words

Okay, first...the way he implemented this on the test server is not the final version. This is why he asked for input.

He asked for input on the prices and what they should go for. The way I understand it is that the schemes that would be offered would be very rare. Something like say an 8x8 Floor or 16x16 truss.

I have been in the game since the start. 4 years now. I sell my normal blueprints in architecture for $1000-$1500. I sell my gates for upwards of $5000. So, having a blueprint that is only available from beyond the mist sell for $10,000 is a steal in my opinion.

You then say, "If you want to bring players together try a globe trade center where we can buy and sell things to from each other."

This is exactly his goal! Making hubs around the maps that bring people together.

In other words, this is the way he has chosen to bring folks together and I for one like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
    i'd like to see a charge for selling stuff, finally another way to remove dollars from the game. as long people do not loose dollars and they have no real use except the upkeep, they will never be accepted as currency by the community. trade totems do not remove them from the game, they just move them around.

yes vet players can stock tools and such to a trade totem but currently the overview at a trade totem is unbeliveable bad that i wont put any (imo) trash items in there which will make just more problems to find stuff ppl may look for.
    Trading Posts would remove dollars from the game. As I stated above:

The Trading Post works towards the first issue. If special items (new schemes for example) that high level players want are available only through Trading Posts in exchange for dollar bills, it creates a demand for dollars that should trickle down.
    Special items don't need to be only schemes. They can be future vanity or cosmetic items at high prices, for example. The goal is to create a use to take dollars out of the game and give the players something positive in return.

By the 'overview at a trade totem' you mean that the trade totem panel is difficult to search, correct? I can certainly add functions to better search and sort items on a trade totems.

Thanks for the feedback.

To Dabent:

I'm a bit confused by your feedback.

I ask if tribes would create activity / trade centers would you use them, and you say no. You then ask for a globe trade center.

In my opinion, players should create the trade and activity centers. Ideally these should be around the map at locations selected by players, not by me. If this becomes 5 places with 20 people or 2 places with 50, it should be up to players. Both situations are fine as long as these are hubs of activity.

Players do have the tools to do this. Currently you can place a trade totem at an allied tribe location. A large tribe could host trade totems from all nearby homesteads and smaller tribes and create an active center. This was tried before, but in general it's not happening because there is not enough incentive for tribes to do this. Adding uses for dollars and additional reasons for players to visit larger tribes such as building uses creates this incentive.

I am against the idea of connecting all trade totems and allowing players to sit in their homesteads and trade because that does nothing to bring players physically together.

You state:
    If I have no way to SELL things how to I get these 10s of thousands of dollars for a single print?
    Getting to core issues like this is the reason we have these feedback threads. Why do you say you have no way of selling things? Is it because your tribe is too remote for players to find your trade totem and buy items? What is preventing you from placing a trade totem at a nearby tribe and being part an active trade center?

Regarding the prices for schemes: Prices haven't been set. I am asking in this thread for players to determine fair prices. If you have feedback on what you think prices should be, please post.

I do appreciate the input. Thanks!

I meant no to NPC "crafted" items. They do not craft them. They do not grind and grind for them. They do not scav and scav for them.....They are NPCs!! (Just a rant) I just do not think you should introduce NPC anything into this game. It is better than that If that is the only place to get certain BPs then I most likely will never buy one of those prints just on stubborn principles. I like the the RP part of this game way to much. Trade center/general store....Fits in to realness of this game. A magical tribe...Not so much. (for me)

Sure I can and have used the totems that are up now (we sell a few things from time to time). My experience shows it does not matter if I live in the green mist or next to Baby's place not much sells. I have put a totem at a larger trade center. Most of the totems are empty or low populated and rarely have new stuff. I would like a place to browse items and wears that all the other players have crafted. Let the players scav and scav and scav to find the new rare prints or grind out the schemes. Let the players then dictate the prices. Let us buy it at 1 central place then have to go pick it up. I then meet up with people at the 1 (or 2, one in the north one south?) trade center AND I have to go to someone else's place at pick it up. The trade center can becomes a place to barter also. Maybe a sign post/quest totem for bartering and or leaving messages. It also can become a place we all gather to show off our goods.

I just think it is more likely to get us together at one place than try to create a bunch of different ones. We have that to a degree now. I also do not think we should be able to buy from our totems just the 1 or 2 places somewhere you find appropriate.
    I am also just a disabled electrician so don't listen to me I almost never now what the hell I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    By the 'overview at a trade totem' you mean that the trade totem panel is difficult to search, correct? I can certainly add functions to better search and sort items on a trade totems.
    categories which you can turn on/off would be nice. like: crafting skills, quality range where you can add numbers, same for durability, and for sure a search bar to find exactly what ppl looking for.

if we gone have NPC's soon we could have a NPC for gambling maybe? it would remove items from the game as well. lets say i can give 10 blueprints to a npc and get a random blueprint back, that would be a nice option. especially for the stacks of cart prints which will never find a use.
    Last edited by Peanuts; 03-29-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Nice idea.

Chopper Joe's tent of iniquity, enter at your own risk. We trade only in blue prints --in our favor!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
    if we gone have NPC's soon we could have a NPC for gambling maybe? it would remove items from the game as well. lets say i can give 10 blueprints to a npc and get a random blueprint back, that would be a nice option. especially for the stacks of cart prints which will never find a use.
    Now there's an idea I can get behind! Gambling away the goods on hopes of better goods. Some will win some will lose.
    Last edited by Dabent; 03-30-2015 at 10:11 AM.

sure BPs are rare, but you guys JJ and Cpt are scavenging a lot and you should know that cart prints drop at the same rate but have no value. the camble maybe can be used for other items as well, it would be a chance to remove high stocks from old tribes which would help the economy as well, since items wil get back a value maybe.

Xsyon Citizen
    I think one of the problems is that players expect to find a similar setup regardless of what game they play.

Many expect to be UBER Elite and have the best gear in a couple of weeks, either through power leveling, exploits or cash shop. They arrive here and find they will have to spend months grinding just to get their stats close to that of a vet, and that's without having the gear to match.

They also expect a player driven economy that they can try to exploit and control (and make an ass of just like they do in the real world). Here they find nothing, not even an NPC they can sell the crap they find too.

Then there's global chat, in most games you see a constant stream of chat in it, even if it is all gold sellers, spammers and idiots talking religious and racial garbage. Here we don't have any of that so the lack of chat does make the place look dead, but if you strip out all of the crap from the other games you find their chat isn't much better.
    You also have the problem that many players actively avoid global thanks to their experiences with other games, even to point of turning the channel off.

This imho is why so many leave without giving the game a chance, Xsyon is too different from the other games they play.

Currently players only trade for blueprints. Why is this? What is stopping players from selling basic tools, materials and food to new players?
    Could it be because new players don't have any dollars to buy anything with.

Most tribes use a barter system so players can get stuff in exchange for granite/sand/nails etc, some even just give them the gear.

The Trade Post is something I'll probably never use, I have most of the architect BPs I want and my place is more or less finished, cart BPs I don't really need, I have over 20 carts as it is and I can make a 5 slotter, and with the Crafting skills I can inspire everything I need.
    Now as for pricing take a look at this post, their prices are considered to be competitive.