Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi, the red arc's are Bamati Ply roof 4x4 (2x), pioneer ramp 2x4x4 & Pioneer log wall II. Cords: Zone 978 730/580
    everything was supported before the new recipes like rails and 2x4 floors was implemented last few days.

Hello Halluuzzka,

Could you do the following for me:

1) Log in to the Test Server and let me know if the parts are red or yellow at that location.

2) Take a screenshot so that I know exactly what you are looking at.

3) Move one architecture part. It will refresh all nearby parts and check if they are in valid or invalid positions. Does this change anything?

Some changes were made with the last patch to prevent floating parts inside trusses. This may have affected your construction and things might need to be slightly adjusted. If it's difficult to make adjustments, a Guide can assist you with this.

First though, I want to check the situation on the Test Server and I'd like to make sure I'm looking at exactly what you see.

Thanks!

okey, its not bug, its only this, i build truss 8x8 and roofs, and in last patch you dont need beam, but now you need and all constructions what i have from before need now this beam to support roofs and that is why its all red, all is okey, only need rebuild my house
    PS:sorry for my englis

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Hello Halluuzzka,

Could you do the following for me:

1) Log in to the Test Server and let me know if the parts are red or yellow at that location.

2) Take a screenshot so that I know exactly what you are looking at.

3) Move one architecture part. It will refresh all nearby parts and check if they are in valid or invalid positions. Does this change anything?

Some changes were made with the last patch to prevent floating parts inside trusses. This may have affected your construction and things might need to be slightly adjusted. If it's difficult to make adjustments, a Guide can assist you with this.

First though, I want to check the situation on the Test Server and I'd like to make sure I'm looking at exactly what you see.

Thanks!
    1. the parts was red, they are still on the mainserver. Hal changed it on the testserver and she added the new beams to get them supported. but that was just another solution, not the problem i confirmed. if you are still interested to take a look into the issue please check the same location on the mainserver.

3. i tried that on the mainserver and the red parts didnt change. i know that this happens to some architectures after the new stuff( trusses, base posts and centilever ) was implemented but this time is has no effect. the parts are still red.

right now its not possible to slightly move the parts we talked about to turn them yellow.

Just curious if there is a error in the database or something.
    one of my tribemates autolearned all "rail 1" recipes when the new patch was added to the mainserver. i didnt learn them, same as 2 other players i was asking. was the rails part of the recipes you should learn without inspiration/blueprints or not?
    Last edited by Pwnuts; 05-02-2015 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnuts View Post
    Just curious if there is a error in the database or something.
    one of my tribemates autolearned all "rail 1" recipes when the new patch was added to the mainserver. i didnt learn them, same as 2 other players i was asking. was the rails part of the recipes you should learn without inspiration/blueprints or not?
    Ditto - people keep talking about the rails and I haven't seen any.

I checked the data and the railings are currently set correctly (they can be learned from skill leveling or schemes). If they were incorrectly set to auto-learn at some point during the past few weeks, I can't tell right now.

If you are a player that auto-learned railing schemes, please contact me with information on when you learned the railing schemes.

Regarding parts that were once valid but are now invalid (red), this is most likely due to changed with 8x8 trusses and the addition of beams. Beams are now required to support walls within trusses. If there is a specific situation where you think that parts should be valid but currently are not valid, I need an exact location on the Test Server to check this. I can't run proper tests on the Main Servers because I can only debug code while running and restarting the game on the Test Server or my Local Server.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Regarding parts that were once valid but are now invalid (red), this is most likely due to changed with 8x8 trusses and the addition of beams. Beams are now required to support walls within trusses. If there is a specific situation where you think that parts should be valid but currently are not valid, I need an exact location on the Test Server to check this. I can't run proper tests on the Main Servers because I can only debug code while running and restarting the game on the Test Server or my Local Server.
    Thanks!
    i thought all the old supports still work in the same way and the beam is just a additional way to build with new possibilitys. if thats been changed it makes sense and there is no bug. everything was suported by trusses before and was valid.

Just to be clear - the outside edges of trusses and beams provide support for walls etc.

When the 8x8 trusses were first patched out, walls or floors could be supported by the center of the truss also, which was not good as it could allow for parts floating in space above the center of a truss. This was fixed and the beams were added so that players could properly place objects above 8x8 (and now on the Test Server 16x16) meter trusses.

do you plan to add corners recipes to the new railings?