Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Junk Pile Questions

I did not believe it at first but it appears when I remove 8 bundles from any spot on a junk pile that it kills that spot, forever. It won't even produce an items when scavenging. Is this true?

If I remove 7 bundles, can someone come behind me and remove the 8th bundle killing that spot by accident?

If I remove 1-7 bundles, will those bundles eventually regenerate? If so, how long does it take?

Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    I did not believe it at first but it appears when I remove 8 bundles from any spot on a junk pile that it kills that spot, forever. It won't even produce an items when scavenging. Is this true?
    Yes

If I remove 7 bundles, can someone come behind me and remove the 8th bundle killing that spot by accident?
    Yes, its the same.

If I remove 1-7 bundles, will those bundles eventually regenerate? If so, how long does it take?
    If i remember right a maintanence reset it in the past, but not anymore.

there was a few discussions about recovery but currently we do not have one. i cant tell that there will be one anytime, for sure not soon.

Any time any combination of characters have gathered junk eight times from the same spot since the beginning of the game makes a bare spot. That spot never regenerates and will never give the junk bonus to scavenging.

You can still scavenge there successfully, just like you can anywhere. Scavenging is around five times more likely to be successful over junk than over non-junk.

There is no need to gather junk. Everything you can gather can be gained, most likely in greater quantities, by scavenging.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    There is no need to gather junk.
    I only wanted cloth to make thread so that is why I did it that way.

So destroying bundles left by other just compounds the problem? This is something else I did thinking I was doing the server good.

just scavenge and keep everything you can find. today you throw away leather and keep cloth, tomorrow you maybe need leather. even most of the heavy metals have finally a use in architecture, master leathercraft recipes and other stuff. scrapcraft, a futured skill will bring a use for plastics and metals as well. also other futured recipes which are connected to scrapcraft, for example scrapper carts in wainwraight.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Scavenging is around five times more likely to be successful over junk than over non-junk.
    so you get every 5th grabs on any terrain except junkpiles any items? lol.

I dont know why people say there is no reason to pull junk.Grinding stats,leather craft and tailoring by just using what you find scaving would take forever.So really there is a huge reason to pull at least cloth and leather as for metal and plastic yes just get that stuff from scaving.

Well I do not know why players pull bundles and then drop them never to come back for them. I now just travel the junk piles looking for these left behind bundles and they are everywhere. This way it isn't me killing the junk piles and I get all the cloth I can carry. When I am ready for the leather and metal, I'll go back for them too.

Not sure when it has changed, but pulling scrap icrease resources skill instead scavenging now, dang. rocks are better imo since you dont need to drop after 4 actions. leather is very common now too, cloth depends on the junkpile but its usual a pretty low amount.

I dident say anything about resources gain.Getting leather craft and tailoring to 100 is 10xs faster if you pull scrap vs scaving for the mats.Yes you can use points to gain skill for those crafts till 90 but even using scaved mats from 90 to 100 would take forever.Can it be done? yes but like i said it would take forever.The other huge reason to pull cloth and leather though is grinding stats and your just not going to fine enough by scaving and if you say you can then you have not REALLY done any stat grinding.

The REAL reason people say to not pull scrap isent because there is no reason to do it but its because they are scared one day there will be no more scrap and that will NEVER happen.

i can get way faster leather than in the past, and even faster than pulling and sorting scrap. it doesnt work for cloth. i'v gog huge stockpiles of anything, so i dont need to consider about a fast way to get more. but i fully agree that the junkpiles will never be gone anytime. recently guides refreshed most of the places which has been gathered. you maybe recognized it when you logged a few days after ISBC was gone.

well, i dont roll scrap myself, but its part of the game. i usual explain new players that they romove the surface but if they decide to do, i can't do anything against that, so i really dont care. i agree that the amount of cloth is too low and for someone who wants to raise tailoring it would be a pain in the ass to get it by scavenging only, but possible. people can even trade for it, there is a lot of valuable stuff on the junkpiles, for sure since the new arc recipes are ingame.
    except stat grinding the use of tailoring is not really great, you can do better stats with leather armor if you train the mutants you need. but there are people who like te equips just for style.

are you going to continue? i would appreciate your presence in xsyon again.