05/02/2015 - Test Server Session Feedback

Hello everyone!

The Test Server is open for testing and feedback on upcoming minor improvements and fixes.

The following items need to be checked.

1) More architecture parts:
    Truss 16x16 meters
    Beam 16 meters
    Beam 8.8 meters (for spanning trusses)
    Beam 16.8 meters (for spanning trusses)

2) Architecture support checking function optimized. It should be 10 times faster now and should greatly reduce pauses while moving parts around, especially in tribes with many building ghosts. This should resolve the issue reported here

3) Revised collision for 4x4 trusses supporting beams. This allows 4x4 trusses to function like the 8x8 trusses.

4) Permission ID check on bins fixed for some combinations. Please check that permissions on your bins and carts are functioning properly.

5) Proper removal of crafting materials and tools from the crafting window and interruption of crafting if pouch or pack containing the materials is moved or dropped while crafting. This should fix the bug report here

6) Locks and permissions set to private by default for all crafted items that require either.

7) Pioneer chalk schemes corrected. Original bug report is here

--- More improvements 05-05-2015 ---

8) Jumping skill gained only when actively jumping, not when falling. This should fix the bug report here

9) Gauge panels optimized to prevent rare crash situations. Please check player gauges, plant gauges and selected creature / player gauges to make sure they look ok.

10) Clock in Map Panel adjusted to display minutes with a 0 if less than 10 (ex. 7:01 instead of 7:1)

11) Tool tip information on water skins updates correctly as actions such as fill, empty and drink are used. This fixes the bug report here

12) Scrapper Hangar Roof scheme corrected. This fixes the bug report here

13) Crops can be planted correctly along zone boundaries. This fixes the bug report here

14) Skill panels displays skill points with two digits past the decimal point. This closes the bug report here

15) Skill panel updates gains while mouse movement is being used. This should fix the bug here report here

16) Found leather items now can stack with similar crafted leathers. This fixes the bug report here

17) Materials assigned to old resources. This fixes the bug report here

18) Grass armor names corrected. This fixes the bug report here

If you find any problems with the above items or can confirm fixed issues, please post here.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xsyon; 05-05-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Well done!

(1) Tried the new parts out and seem to be fine, working for me just like the 8m beams.

(2) The movement and lag seems to be gone, and greatly improved!

(3) Not sure how you intend this to work, but I could not get any beams to work on 4x4 trusses.

(4) seems ok to me ( again not sure what the issue was )

(5) Never tried that sort of thing. ( seems like an attempt at duping or whatnot )

(6) Seems to be working correctly to me.

(7) don't use chalk

The 8x8 trusses do not support the new 8.8 m beams in the last 0.4 m of the edge of the truss. Examples at 781:197,566

Was not able to get the 16.8 m beam to get supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish
    (3) Not sure how you intend this to work, but I could not get any beams to work on 4x4 trusses.
    Beams should be able to span two 4x4 trusses (for example, one end of the beam rests on one 4x4 truss and the other end rests on a second 4x4 truss). If this is still not clear, please let me know and I can take a screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond
    The 8x8 trusses do not support the new 8.8 m beams in the last 0.4 m of the edge of the truss. Examples at 781:197,566

Was not able to get the 16.8 m beam to get supported.
    Please check these again. The optimization I made to the support checking function messed up a few cases like these. I've further revised the function and all beams should work correctly now.

I've updated the list with more bug fixes and minor improvements. Please check and confirm or report issues with any of these if you can.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Please check these again. The optimization I made to the support checking function messed up a few cases like these. I've further revised the function and all beams should work correctly now.
    Looking good now.

OK, I, along with the rest of VR, was asked to check the lag issues on the test server because of the tribe size. I'm sure other large tribes will also confirm this, but the build lag time appears about the same as it was when I was in a 2 man tribe. It is hardly noticeable here. I tried looking away from and looking towards the greatest concentration of existing builds and all is well. Great job here.
    Also checked disassembling builds, the lag there is greatly reduced as well.

CattieBrie
    Last edited by ZKBarbarian; 05-06-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Pawnee tribe seems to be much improved as well.

construction delay is gone and everything looks to be working as intended

I say, let this dog hunt!

I also tested the builders lag issue at VR's tribe, so can confirm the current fixes on test server vastly improve the lag there. Things react similarly to what I experience when building on a homestead.