Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Again, Trading Post prices should be high and are not meant for new players. The Trading Post is meant as a money sink for players that have the extra cash and want something special or something they can't buy at the time from other players.
    But most many ppl will use your prices as a new standart, so it effect not only old players who have spare dollars.
    Picnic Canopy: $10000
    gadu/pioneer too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnuts View Post
    canopy and scrapper smoke house should be more since they are the currently rare and wanted recipes. ramps and platforms had no value in the past, they should be lowered.
    I don't see the value on smoke house and most canopy schemes. The Pioneer Canopy BP seems rare and desired but the others are not. I generally throw in a smoke house or scrapper picnic canopy BP in on BP trades since they have no demand and are so common.

Sorry, I wrote it incorrectly. It's the Pioneer Canopy that has the high price. I corrected that on the first post just now.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    I don't see the value on smoke house and most canopy schemes. The Pioneer Canopy BP seems rare and desired but the others are not. I generally throw in a smoke house or scrapper picnic canopy BP in on BP trades since they have no demand and are so common.
    I made my reply to your post in the price topic. Here

http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...ice-Discussion

Xsyon Citizen
    How many tribes in game are big enough to create a trade post?

How many of their "leaders" are active enough to change the trade tribe regularly ?

How many are "easy" to get to ?

How many will actually allow you onto their tribe land to use the trade post ?

Now for me in 904 that makes the VR as my closest as I don't think "Just for Fun" is active, even as the "crow flies" that's quite a journey, and a wasted journey if there's nothing there worth buying.

So for me this like the other "building assignments" are a complete waste of R&D time and money.

So I'm going to make a suggestion, only have one trade post in game, and stick it on Founders, and set it to only generate random blueprints.

At the same time create an area around it where players can drop their trade totems, but you will have to link a tribes trade totems together, other wise they will end up just as empty and useless as every other trade center in game.

Bejay, wouldn't that just continue the same problem we have now of players not interacting together?

The idea as I understand it is to use the trade posts as a way to draw people to your tribe to interact with, and to help more "accomplished" players get access to hard to get schemes/patterns/blueprints.

It is not designed for new players, so putting it on founder's would defeat it's purpose.

To be completely honest, people won't use these unless that are LOOKING for something specific.
    So, let's say YOU are looking for the scrappers 4x8 cantilever. You know that Pawnee has scrappers selected.
    You can check if its up with anyone you know from that tribe and come on across the lake to get it.

As to your comment on a "wasted journey", even hermits need to explore once and awhile. ;P

I prefer the idea of bejaymac as well. founders would be a place where ppl need to go, this way they still come together, even better with only one totem, since they would come together at the same place, not only a very few in each place.

i like the random point! i think its better to get a suprise than let ppl choose what they want on the totem. with just one totem everybody have the chance for the same random stuff. if there are a bunch of totems, ppl would need to spend a lot of time every day to visit all tribe, only to make sure they wont miss any good deals. founders is close to me, true, but thats not my point. i wouldnt mind to make a trade totem on misery island. also a good reason for ppl to get the swimming skill up by the time, for those who dont have yet.

Also the access would be gained anytime. i could put a TT inside a builing and lock it to keep ppl away from the deal, on founders this wont happen. a few maybe not big tribes but "tribes (20+ members) homesteader with a whole bunch of accounds, and we do have at least 3 active solo player with a tribe on the pve server, could abuse this system this way too.

related to xsyon other post, i also like the idea to put only recipes for now. maybe add some coloured sport shirts and stuff in the future. if we could get master armor pieces on TT it would remove the sense of raising a armor crafting skill, same for weapons. or put armors only without any stats. many ppl are looking for scrapper carts, i'm asked if i gone sell some of mine a lot of times. maybe some scrapper cars would be a good thing too, but we should keep some items only as eventreward, for those who join events only for the reason that its rewarded, what most ppl do.
    Last edited by Pwnuts; 05-21-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Making founders the place to go would be silly IMO. It would remove so much of what the game has to offer.

Why anyone would want to visit the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is Founders Isle escapes me.

I plan to set up a trade post outside my walls right on the road on both Peace and War. I won't change the chosen mist tribe on War often, but it will still be there for anyone to use.

One question I would like Jordi to answer is why the mist tribes will not be selling cart BP's. A prospective wainwright needs a missing scheme much more than an architect, tool crafter or armor crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejaymac View Post
    How many tribes in game are big enough to create a trade post?
    Around 50 right now. When players are allowed both a homestead and a tribe membership, I expect very few players will opt to be without a membership in a tribe large enough to have a Trading Post.

How many of their "leaders" are active enough to change the trade tribe regularly ?
    Any tribe member can select the Mist Tribe to trade with, so the leader's presence won't be required.

How many are "easy" to get to ? How many will actually allow you onto their tribe land to use the trade post ?
    It's hard for me to say or predict. I have spoken to some tribe leaders that intend to make their trading post (and soon trade center) a welcome player for non tribe members by creating centers that can be accessed and used by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond
    I plan to set up a trade post outside my walls right on the road on both Peace and War. I won't change the chosen mist tribe on War often, but it will still be there for anyone to use.
    Great! This is what other tribes have told me as well. I think many players want to create active centers and share their buildings with others.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond
    One question I would like Jordi to answer is why the mist tribes will not be selling cart BP's.
    I'll add them to the list.

This a minor feature right now and as I've stated before, is primarily intended as a cash sink for the players that can afford it. With more building uses in place, I hope and expect active town centers to finally work (especially when these are the primary starting locations for new players).

About creating a trade center on Founder's, this goes against one of the main goals of Xsyon. Founder's was created because not enough features were in game yet and as a location for events. Tribes should eventually create centers of trade and activity and with more building uses they should be able to do so!