Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

06/22/2015 - Feedback Request Infirmary

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Infirmary building use is ready for testing. Here are the specifics:

Infirmary:
    - Infirmary has been added to the list of potential building uses.
    - The infirmary provides a location where players can revive for a price.
    - Any stand-alone ‘room’ building or ‘roof’ part can be set as an infirmary.
    - Can be placed by any tribe or homestead.
    - One infirmary can be placed per tribe.
    - The tribe leader can set a price and collect funds gathered from patients.
    - Infirmaries without a price set do not function.
    - Infirmary prices can be set between 0 and 100 dollars per revival.
    - Infirmaries list recent patients who revived there.
    - Reviving players spawn at the center of the assigned building.

Revival:
    - Peace Server players get a new Revival Panel immediately on death.
    - War Server players must wait for the looting timer to get the Revival Panel popup.
    - The Revival Panel displays a list of nearby infirmaries with their prices.
    - The Revival Panel lists your home location if you wish to revive at home without a fee.

Possible Improvements:
    - Listing the cause of death for recent patients on the infirmary list.
    - Infirmaries reduce or remove death penalties (when death penalties are implemented).

Questions:
    - Infirmaries within 1000 meters are available. Is this a reasonable distance?

Update July 1 2015:
    - On assigning an infirmary, a tool tip panel pops up with the following message:
    Set the Use Fee to activate your Infirmary.
    Make sure there is a clear path from your Infirmary to public land.
    Blocked Infirmaries will be deactivated and require Guide approval to reactivate.
    - If the tribe's infirmary use is revoked by a Guide, the tribe member with access to the infirmaries function will see a button on the infirmary panel linking to the help desk to easily put in a request for reinstated privileges.

- Infirmaries are set to inactive if a tribe is inactive for 7 real days. Tribes now have a second 'activity' timer based entirely on players being actually active in game. Keeping an active sub paid but not logging in does not keep this second timer active.

- Rank permissions (Manage Infirmary) are now required to set and collect fees. Tribe leader has this by default.

- Infirmaries without a Use Fee set are likewise set to inactive.

- Use Fee limit increased to 1000.

- To sum up, infirmaries have three states: active, inactive (no use fee or no activity) and disabled (requires Guide to reinstate).

- Possible change: Require tribe to exist for 1 or 2 real weeks before allowing infirmary to be set.

Update July 5 2015:
    - Issue with falling through floors when porting to infirmaries on an upper floor fixed.
    - Infirmary panel patient list position corrected.
    - Infirmary distances corrected.
    - Home location now displays distance in the Revive Panel.

Update July 10 2015:
    Infirmaries are now live on the Main Servers. I will keep this thread open for additional feedback or issues reported.

Please provide any feedback or issues found with this system.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xsyon; 07-10-2015 at 02:12 AM.

Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Revival:
    - The Revival Panel displays a list of nearby infirmaries with their prices.
    Is it possible to know the distance of this feature ? (Some more remote tribes might benefit from a 2-3 zone area as opposed to a one zone area --for instance.)

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Possible Improvements:
    - Allow setting infirmary price and collecting funds based on rank permissions.
    - Listing the cause of death for recent patients on the infirmary list.
    Would welcome both of these.

If you wish to have the infirmary reduce death penalties, I would tie the effectiveness and range to one of the upkeep types on the Totem.

If not that, then some static way to upgrade the infirmary effect via crafting/building.

Or food could eventually reduce death penalties, in which case you wouldn't want to reduce them via the Infirmary, but rather by having a demand for food.

The revival panel lists Infirmaries within 1000 meters. I think it's a decent distance as I don't want this feature to be used as a teleporter, but rather for players to revive close to where they are. I'm open to feedback on this though.

To Drevar: I like those ideas. What I was thinking is having minimum costs to reduce death penalties (so you could revive for cheap and get the penalties or pay more to remove them). I'll open the discussion more on this in a separate thread regarding death penalties.

Thanks for the feedback!

What if there are none in 1000 meters? Just founders? or your own tribe?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    What if there are none in 1000 meters? Just founders? or your own tribe?
    Yes, your own tribe or founder's, like now.

I could increase the distance, but since this is available to all tribes regardless of size, I hope there will be infirmaries throughout the world.

Ideally, players will want to pay to re-spawn near their current locations. I don't want the infirmaries to be used as long distance teleporters.

Xsyon Citizen
    A few tribes are behind heavy walls which run right up against the tribe boundary, if they set up an infirmary then people are going to have a hard time getting out, especially if the tribes a bit inactive.

Xsyon Citizen
    Where do players spawn at an infirmary ?

I just placed a smoke house in the 8x8 public area I have my trade totem, it's against a wall, so if they spawn in front of it then they will be in the public area, anywhere else and they will be inside the private tribe area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejaymac View Post
    Where do players spawn at an infirmary ?
    At the center of the assigned building. I'll add this to the top post.

Xsyon Citizen
    Does anyone actually have one of these set up, I'm kind of getting fed up killing myself around the map trying to find one as all I'm seeing in the respawn window is Home.