Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azzymor View Post
    It was quite awhile I played the game, but I have a vague memory of it being enormously time consuming raising ALL skills up to 100. It was much easier to spread them on 2-3 chars and not having to bother about locking and such.

What would be your estimate of raising all craft skills to 100 on one char?

Oh, and what is the point of skill decay in the first place? I thought it was to stimulate trading by making it much harder to be self reliant.

Sorry for being off-topic here...
    Currently there is no real point to skill decay because it has no real effect. You can have all skills to 100. The point before was to have decay so harsh that you would only be allowed to have 3 or so skills per pool to 100, but you could have all of them to 50. Clearly that didn't get put in, and you get people like you that want to do everything perfectly and want it in 5 mins. So even though it would be really bad for the game as a whole you have a few people wanting it now now now, and quit next week or month. All the while the economy is broken into the dirt, and long term players have nothing really to shoot for but to build another 10 story building, again.

Spreading them out over 2 to 3 players would be slightly easier, and wouldn't do much good over all. In fact everyone I know other than me that spread them out over toons, didn't even do it, they end up going back to 1 toon doing everything.
    There really is little point in having more than 1 account unless you want extra tribe space, then buy the account and don't pay the sub for it.

I'm really getting bothered by people that clearly have no idea how to play the game saying "I can't do X" but you can do X they just don't know how. Then even worse when they say that they can't do X, but really don't want X only think they do and the game will not change to Y which would be better for the people crying that they want X. If you can even understand that.

TLDR.
    1 toon can do everything, and that's what most people do because it's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond
    If you are a min-maxer who has to have the absolute best of everything and refuse to trade, yes you will need a stable of characters, more for stats than skills.
    No, if you want the best 100% best, you only need 2 toons. Even then it would only be to save yourself 1 or 2 skill/stat combos, which really you won't need.
    Xsyon really needs to balance the game stats better, but because there is nothing to shoot for because of crappy AI and building game. Many other things would need to be worried about before that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    ...and you get people like you that want to do everything perfectly and want it in 5 mins. So even though it would be really bad for the game as a whole you have a few people wanting it now now now, and quit next week or month.
    Yes, you got that right. I want to be good at what I'm doing in game and I want the skills and attributes to be harmonizing (min/max). I also tend to play other games from time to time but usually return to pick up from where I left off. For some reason I picked up boredom when they handed out the brains but you obviously got spared of that concept.
    The rest is wrong, no I don't want it handed to me in 5 min, no I don't want it now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm really getting bothered by people that clearly have no idea how to play the game saying "I can't do X" but you can do X they just don't know how. Then even worse when they say that they can't do X, but really don't want X only think they do and the game will not change to Y which would be better for the people crying that they want X. If you can even understand that.
    Short answer ... No, and nor what it got to do with my post.

Sorry to have triggered your rage MrDDT over being unaware of the skill decay and how it works. I was under the impression it restricted developing more than 3 skills in a group.

Thanks for your diplomatic and elaborate answers MrDDT, you are an excellent ambassador for this game.
    (If you can even understand what I mean.)