Terraforming Videos?

Hello! Has anyone done and tutorials on terraforming? I'm starting my camp and i thought it was reasonably flat. I placed one side of gates with no problem, but nothing else I place is "valid". I'm just assuming because it's not level. I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I get the basics of what the buttons do, I guess though. I'm just not sure how to use them.

I attached a pic. In retrospect, I should have waited until daytime to take the picture. But that's what I'm working with. You may need to see it in person, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015626_13_7_41.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	500

You may need to lower your piece to the ground (sometimes a building ghost will be placed initially above the ground). These days you can also lower most pieces into the ground. This is useful if you want a series of walls to be level on slightly uneven ground.

Pro tip if you are trying some multilevel building, uncheck the Snap box on the move panel.

Bonus tip: don't forget to eat and drink while building.

Awesome, thanks. I will try that.

And double thanks for the eating and drinking tip. I'm out of my newbie grace period and I've died so many times. I'm glad there is no skill loss on death (I don't think!), I would be so screwed by now lol.