06/22/2015 - Feedback Request Improvements (Test Server)

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

This thread is for minor improvements and fixes that are in progress on the Test Server. I will update this as further changes are ready for testing.

If you have any feedback on these please post below. Thanks!

Improvements
    - Time stamp added to chat messages.
    - Building ‘roof’ parts can be assigned building uses. Note: I need to double check and change the position on some of these.
    - Removed all default start locations except for Founders Island. New players will primarily start at tribe centers with Welcome Stations.
    - Previous default start locations will now be build-able areas.

Trading Post
    - Trading Post items clear after 4 real days (36 game days) of not being sold.
    - Global tab added to the Trading Post Panel allowing players to see items for sale at all Trading Posts across the game world.

Bug Fixes
    - Corrected date founded display on the Town Panel
    - Issue with removing cooking recipes not updating the recipe count until a data backup runs fixed.
    - Grass armor patterns for items not yet in game removed from the Trading Post data table.

Bugs to Close Out
    - Has this issue with hp bars happened recently? If not, I will close this out.
    - Problem with craft panel resetting when using grass or logs may be fixed. Original issue here
    - Changing item count for crafting no longer resets actions (like gathering). Original issue here

Notes: Pioneer Log Roof is one of the roofs where the position needs to be checked.

The Global Sales tab of my Trading Post shows my tribe's name under Location for everything. Love the global tab and unsold items clearing out sooner.

The founded date for my tribe shows September 22, 2007. That's five years before the Apocalypse according to the lore.

Haven't seen the worst of the targets hp bars problem, but since the latest fix occasionally the red bar is offset the height of the bar below and to the left of the correct position.

I'm worried there can be some abuse of the Welcome Stations. Unlike totems, it is much easier to place them outside a tribe walls, but there is no guarantee that they will be placed that way. There have been problems with new players starting inside inactive tribes with closed gates and even being ganked there. You might have to have guides approve Welcome Stations as starting locations.

do you meant you will let new players start at spawnpoint randomly in the world ( welcome center in tribes )? if yes, i really suggest to activate it only for active tribes, and auto disable for inactive ones. i saw a bunch of new player who spawned for example at nocturn, in 1022. nobody has a active homestead+ there and the area is dangerous for sure. nobody of the tribe who has set it as start location play active as well.

about the bugs - i cant check the hp bars until weekend.
    the crafting of grass/logs appears randomly, i suggest to just implement your change to the main server and i / someone will let you know if it happens again, this can be a long term testing.
    weekend too.

Pwnuts, there is no way to say who is "active" and who isnt. What you call active might be inactive to others, and what you call inactive might be active to others.

I think allowing people to spawn at the large tribes should be a choice the new player makes.
    Also Pwnuts don't forever only people with "welcome centers" will be currently active because they must set the building to that status.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Notes: Pioneer Log Roof is one of the roofs where the position needs to be checked.
    Yes, I will need to rotate a few of the roof parts as well to make them consistent. This will require rotating them in the database to keep their current orientation.

The Global Sales tab of my Trading Post shows my tribe's name under Location for everything. Love the global tab and unsold items clearing out sooner.
    I've restarted the Test Server and this should be correct now. Please let me know.

The founded date for my tribe shows September 22, 2007. That's five years before the Apocalypse according to the lore.
    Ok. There were a few times that I had to adjusted the global clock start date. I'd like to set it back to the original date, but it's not worth the possible repercussions at the moment. We can just say that you were a doomsday prepper! :-)

Haven't seen the worst of the targets hp bars problem, but since the latest fix occasionally the red bar is offset the height of the bar below and to the left of the correct position.
    Is this the top hp bar, or the smaller bar over an individual creature?

I'm worried there can be some abuse of the Welcome Stations.
    Yes, it's possible. I'll go over potential issues with Welcome Stations in a separate feedback thread.

Thanks!

Global sales now shows the tribe name. Looking good.

The hp bar problem is with the top bar.

I did encounter a new and potentially severe problem testing this. Killed a weasel and swapped out my preorder knife with my supreme skinning knife in my left boot sheath. Both icons disappeared in on the inventory screen and from my hand on the pack menu. Was able to skin/butcher as usual (no "you need to equip a knife in your right hand"). Clicked on my empty right hand and then on my knife in my right boot and they swapped. However, moving that 3rd knife back to either boot sheath resulted in an empty hand. The missing knives did not show up after relogging.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Pwnuts, there is no way to say who is "active" and who isnt. What you call active might be inactive to others, and what you call inactive might be active to others.
    there is, if a tribe do not pay upkeep, its simply inactive. nobody would log in from time to time to pay upkeep only to let players spawn in this location.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    I did encounter a new and potentially severe problem testing this. Killed a weasel and swapped out my preorder knife with my supreme skinning knife in my left boot sheath. Both icons disappeared in on the inventory screen and from my hand on the pack menu. Was able to skin/butcher as usual (no "you need to equip a knife in your right hand"). Clicked on my empty right hand and then on my knife in my right boot and they swapped. However, moving that 3rd knife back to either boot sheath resulted in an empty hand. The missing knives did not show up after relogging.
    Very strange, but I did make a minor change in the order of incoming inventory commands in hopes of fixing an issue a few players are having crafting with logs and grass.

This could be the cause.

Can you reproduce this problem? I will have other players and guides try this. You're right, this is a critical problem.

Edit: I've reproduced the issue and am working on it. It's an easy change, but I do prefer to add my new changes to alleviate other issues. I'll post when I've restarted the server with my latest update.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xsyon; 06-25-2015 at 03:44 PM.

I've revised the inventory command codes for the current build and all inventory swaps (to packs, bins, carts, anything possible) need double checking.

The command order was revised to prevent problems that some players are getting when crafting using logs and grass. The current order should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Bugs to Close Out
    - Has this issue with hp bars happened recently? If not, I will close this out.
    - Problem with craft panel resetting when using grass or logs may be fixed. Original issue here
    - Changing item count for crafting no longer resets actions (like gathering). Original issue here
    1) can not confirm the bug atm.
    2) i'll test that when its on the main server to make sure i't dont happen in a longer crafting periode.
    3) fixed - pease check the original post