Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
My worry is people still death porting items naked (like 1000s of bricks) across the map.
I believe this is your worry, not Jordi's.

However, if this is desired there is an easy fix--return to the original resurrection code. For new players, you originally came back where you died or where you could run to before the "second chance" button came up and the rez timer ran out. This offered some strategy in PvP, specially in close one-on-one fights. You could shadow your killer and come back at half health against an almost dead opponent. Conversely, if you were outmatched you would run towards cover then come back running further away. A few players never figured this out and got ganked repeatedly right at their body, so this was changed.

Offering the option to rez in place or at the nearest infirmary would eliminate death porting and make hunting/scavenging with a cart a better option. As things stand, there are places I don't go with a cart because of the bother of a long run back to the card exceeds value of the extra weight that can be transported.