Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post
10% Durability loss - I presume you are referring to equipped armor ?

and I presume you mean quality rather then durability ?

High end armor is very very difficult to replace, so any loss of quality would have to be 100% repairable.
(Im talking about armor made with 100 quality and 100 power mats)

So im not really infavour of having armor reduced in effectiveness.

Besides armor is already being reduced in quality each time it is hit.
So that idea is in game already, so much so that players who have really
good armor dont even wear it now because it cannot be replaced.

5% cash - you mean cash carried on the player rather then the hoard the player will have back at their tribe ?
so players will carry little or no cash around with them to avoid this

10 min stat reduction ? this one is quite bad because no one will want to wait 10 minutes after being killed to go hunt again so I am not in favor of this idea at all. I wont go back to hunting with a 10% stat loss.

20% exp loss? I presume you mean the green points bar. not bad, its easy to replace (if you dont keep dieing, and doesnt affect the players ability to get right back to hunting. ie no stat
loss or gear damage. The last thing Xyson needs is a mechanic that stops players from wanting
to play.

I have referred to armor for the quality loss but in some of your posts you are talking about tools or are you referring to ingame mechanics as tools rather then say a ingame tool like a hammer ?

Sark
going down the list

first armor reduction wouldn't be as big of a deal since repair would be in place BEFORE this was implemented - so your armor will be temp reduced by death then repaired

5% cash would need a new cash system where dropping it in a container is not available only a deposit in totem bank for say for a 0-5% fee

10mins is pretty standard mmo timers in most games of this type

and exp loss at 20% while not bad and replaceable is still better then other options such as permanent skill loss like other sandboxes

also they really just need 2 things to stop death porting - fix it so you can not carry over your max weight - stopping 2500 bricks from being ported - and carts with animals on them so they can move around with large amounts of supply's easily - same would go for some kind of raft that you could sail to waters edge to pick up goods and move them down rivers to carts on shore removing a large run around the lake for players and letting shops on shore become more viable