Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    The reason for death porting is transporting heavy materials across large distances.
    I can only speak for myself here, I have no data on how anyone else plays the game being mostly a solo style player. Yes, a good while back once I realized I could move hvy loads with deathport, I did. But my play style has changed in the past year. I am much more of a casual player than when I first started (always in this category, more so now). 99.9% of the time when I now use deathporting it is in situations like this:

I log in and decide I'd like to visit the other side of the map, since I have not been there in months. I know that I can explore all the way there and then take a deathport home. If that option was not available I would not leave my tribe in the first place as I have limited play time and a more limited attention span with the game in general since I have been playing for so long. It is highly likely that with no deathporting (or no means of fast travel across long distance) I would decide that the game had become to restrictive for me and move on. If this is a player opinion that you believe is very rare and virtually no one else shares it, ignore it. If you find that others share it, perhaps a more creative solution can be sought --that is if you are amendable to the idea fast travel.

Off the top of my head, putting a gauge on the encumbrance bar, like the energy bar, that tells you the percentage of encumbrance and then setting a max allowable load where fast travel upon death would be acceptable, say 20% as an example. At death a yes/ no choice would be given to drop all weight to the minimum and rez at tribe OR keep all weight and rez. in place.

Something along this line would solve the hvy load issue and still allow quick transport back to tribe. If you have the same immersion problem with fast travel without hvy load as you do with the current deathporting then it is most likely that I am also being redundant.

Thanks
    Last edited by wastelandstoic; 07-17-2015 at 10:32 AM.