Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    no the systems pretty similar to ultima online / star wars galaxies / and wurm online and is simpler then The Repopulation (no crafted towns mostly prefab structures sadly in repopulation) pretty simple to grasp to be honest once you have played similar games and since I've been playing sandboxes around 18 years since before the name of sandboxes the systems pretty easy for me to grasp - however also having been a volunteer and paid admin / gm for games as well as training several thousand players I know what to expect about peoples wants / what they are willing to do early game before rage quiting

as the system goes scaving different piles have different rates of materials and after scaving everything within 2-4 hours jog from me and my cart I've still not found 500$ in 2 weeks of spending 1-2 hours a day scaving - the people in the game I've spoken to also don't find this amount - and since carts are 200$ for a basic one and take more then 10mins to build why would they sell them? why would you waste time making anything if you can just earn thousands a hour? my only concept is either you are using some way different way of scaving or are using some exploit or just making up numbers

its like we are talking in different languages cause what I'm writing and what your responding to isn't quiet the same

this is your response
    Back to the main topic about death. Death should be a punishment and it should be felt. Using resources is a good idea to repair, expect the fact that again you are promoting solo only play and people to just do whatever and get it for free. Instead of driving players to survival and banding together to achieve great things.

this was what you responded to
    this is why I wanted the damaged equipment is fine but it needs low level (30ish) with only resource requirements to repair and mid level and high level with money - this really won't effect the economy since low levels will not be buying high grade stuff for a week or more so by then they will be making 40+ stuff by then and needing the cash so without them feeling over whelmed early game increasing both supply / demand on the trade system

so if you read this you will see the initial low level tools are resource only - but as progression of higher quality tools go they need more and more help - thus to maintain large amount of good gear you need a large tribe as they will need to replace parts if its broken or damaged over X%

2nd I was more worried about stamina then death for new players

3rd after around 12-24 hours of wandering I've scavenged a few items from towns mostly resources for construction - have not seen hundreds of barrels of tools / cloths

and I'm pretty sure a multi staged death penalty is a punishment your losing item quality - xp - skill points - temp skill loss - and money - I mean other then perma death or sucker punching a character I don't see how much more punishment you can get - I mean compared to your response of item loss with cash insurance this is a far larger punishment.
    Last edited by Darkkmercy; 10-02-2015 at 05:53 AM.