That's a good idea about the not able to carry over your weight however, it causes issues in basic play.
I suggest there is a temp bin for all toons. In this bin is dropped on death but you can carry unlimited weight with normal weight effects.
While building and crafting sometimes you need to carry over your weight limit. Just think about people with 5 STR. Wouldn't even be able to play.

Carts being changed is a good idea, with animals and changes to how they work would do wonders.

Armor that is fully repairable would be a waste of coding IMO. It wouldn't really punish anyone even if you made the cost really high. Major reason is the fact you can just take your armor off and deathport.

5% cash again would be a waste of coding time as you could get around it. Few people carry cash anyways and no one would feel this effect.

Temp stat loss is more of those non fun factors that have no real effect on the game other than to stop people from playing for X amount of time. Which is not what you want. Encouraging people to stop playing is a bad system IMO.

20 skill loss again wouldn't have an effect or it would have an effect as stated about temp stat loss. Neither are good.

Items in Xsyon were meant to be replaceable. Meaning like in old UO they would break over time no matter what you do. The changes need to happen where players want to use good armor/tools/weapons more but they still break/wear out often enough that people are not crushed when they do. They also need to be replaceable in a smaller amount of time than other MMOs like WOW where you work for 1 piece of gear for weeks or months to get it.
Right now you can put weeks to make a top end piece of gear (that's not counting leveling the skills). Which I like but is hard to replace. If there was more need for this top end armor I think it would help drive people to do it also.