Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Let me start off by saying that it seems like most people favor item dura loss. I really believe this is the best option and let me list a few reasons why.

1)If it's done like in UO, it will remove some of the high end gear without breaking people's backs. In UO they had it so gear could be repaired back to 100% QL but the dura would be lowered by 1. So if an item was at 90% dura left (1 death) and you repaired it. Say it was 90/100. After the repair it would be 99/99. This means that after 100 repairs (assuming 10% uses up 1 permanent dura). It would be a very very long time for good gear and crappy gear would break much faster.

2)Put a new system in for repairing and a reason to use high skills (leathercrafters would repair leather items), much better economy and community building system.

3)Would stop people from deathporting massive stacks of items for fear of lowing the dura.

4)Give more of a survival feel to the game of not wanting to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnuts View Post
    i barely die anytime unless i deathport, so usual i sould be fine with any of them. but honestly most of the current suggest stuff is nonsense, at least for the way i face and play the game.
    When I played with you, I've seen you die a few times. Just in the limited play time with you. You also used the deathporting option to move items.

1. remove 10% of the dura on equipped items may be fine for ppl who fight in a grass suit. but those who make and wear decend armors can not get back the materials while the armors duro goes down with the current system. supreme plastic sole, buckle, zipper, decoration, cloth or whatevery in violet with 100q is taking weeks to find, even if you sort scrap it wouldnt be really fast. 100p mutant critters are almost not there, if you want to make a leather suit you need at least 10 of them + getting a decend quality to make sure you get 100q out of the hides to make only one set of armor.
    But it would make those items of more value because of how long they lasted. It would also be better for the economy as a whole because currently, items like never break.

2. item loss will avoid what was always a goal - trading between players.
    This helps trading not hurts it. Players will not be able to deathport massive amounts of items around the map, so local trades will be encouraged more. Also because items are being removed from the game more, more crafting and trading.

3. cash loss might be fine for those who have a lot of cash, but not for new players.
    We don't even know how much $ it will cost per death, how can you even say it would be hard or easy for anyone? What if it were 1$ per death to repair?
    If the repair is based on the QL of the item and max dura, it wouldn't be hard on new players at all.

Suggestions: 1st of all we would need a system to seperate kinds of death. combat (pvm), starving/die of thirst, pvp, falldmg.

i would suggest the screen of a player turns red ( or any prefered colour ) if he loose hp couz of food water - similar to the mist effect. a alart system which warn you if you didnt notice your bars. and every player died couz of that already, they are simply to small or covered by other stuff.

how about this. when a player die he become a ghost. lets push the ghost duration up to 15-30 minutes, add buttons instead of "spawn" which we have now. a player can choose to instandly respawn by dealing with one of the penealtys which are in the mainpost? if not he simply have to wait the time you set.

I see no reason why we need to separate types of deaths.
    I for sure do not like the death choice option because then again you are still allowing deathporting massive amounts of items.

Xsyon Citizen
    How about no death-porting option, if you die you resurrect at the spot where you died not at your own totem, and you could add another option to resurrect at founders island, also you auto-drop all your pouches and basket at the spot you died.
    Last edited by znaiika; 07-02-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Second, Item loss as you describe it could be good too. Adding backpacks where revs can store multiple items they have looted off players will make it fun to hunt rev. Also this can encourage players to band together rather than just play solo, because som of these revs will become quite powerful, and the player may need assistance to get his items back.
    revs already wear newbies sneakers, lumberjack shirts and pants. this way they remove the basic starter kits from someone who step in a revs place without even knowing what can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

When I played with you, I've seen you die a few times. Just in the limited play time with you. You also used the deathporting option to move items.
    sure, couz critters can run faster than a player who sprint. if we finally would fix the animal behavour even this few deaths would now happen anymore. but we focus on new stuff, as usual.

But it would make those items of more value because of how long they lasted. It would also be better for the economy as a whole because currently, items like never break.
    more valuable? cmon they are alreade unable to trade couz you almost cant reproduce them. the current value is out of what players reach if they would be even offerd on the marked.

anyway, deathporting was always part of the game, and everyone used it. i wouldnt mind if it doesnt work anymore. but a better hauling system for heavy items should be replaced at some point. even if its juts a boat or the possibility to use a cart as such.

- Item duration loss.

Very much AGAINST item duration loss at a 10% per death ratio for reasons pwnuts stated above. But, the item loss as detailed by DDT (100/100 and assuming 10% uses up 1 permanent dura) would not be such a burden to players and benefit in the other listed areas. Also, very much FOR a repair system to accompany this feature.

- Cash loss.

I like the idea of adding pouches and cash to revs but am AGAINST any type of cash loss that is not VERY minimal.

- Item loss.

Totally AGAINST item loss.

- XP loss.

Totally AGAINST xp loss.

- Temporary stat or skill loss.

No problem with temporary stat or skill loss within reason and a cash/ resource sink to remove the temp loss would be welcomed as well.

--Likewise, I don't have a problem with death porting. If you put in some kind of loss system it will be minimized but as it has always been allowable I see no overwhelming reason to completely do away with it.

The trick here is to make the penalties severe enough that players will notice them, but not so bad that players will seldom leave low danger areas.

Giving items to a rev sounds like fun, but would be a nightmare in practice. Currently, if you die to a rev, you can recover your stuff because you know that rev will be in a small area. If your items are given to a random rev but you die to bear, you will have no clue where that rev will be. Some areas have next to no revs (any area I regularly travel through) while others have lag causing mobs of 30+ revs. The rev in question may spend all her time in a willow thicket at the bottom of an unclimbable slope.

Cash loss would be trivial for established players, but could devastate new players. And a new money system would be needed.

A temporary "rez sickness" stat loss could work on Peace, but would be an extra penalty in PvP. It might also be too easily out waited. A 5 to 15 minute penalty might sound bad, but if I take the "green mist train" back home after a hunting/scavenging trip it can take that long to put stuff up. This sort of penalty would dovetail well if an improved infirmary could remove it for a price.

An alternative to stat loss would be a temporary encumbrance, speed, energy or health debuff.

I think the best solution would be to remove 10% durability on one equipped item. This would help the economy for replacement armor/weapons, but not be too onerous. Decreasing durability by 10% for all items would mean a new suit of armor every 9 or so deaths. That way players would seldom wear their best stuff and would lower the value of top end gear.

Skill loss would be bad. A block on the green experience bar that would have to be worked off or would disappear over time (like Ryzom) could work. This would hurt newer players more though.

Any repair system would destroy the economy for gear and introduce a needless complication.

My worry is people still death porting items naked (like 1000s of bricks) across the map.
    I believe this is your worry, not Jordi's.

However, if this is desired there is an easy fix--return to the original resurrection code. For new players, you originally came back where you died or where you could run to before the "second chance" button came up and the rez timer ran out. This offered some strategy in PvP, specially in close one-on-one fights. You could shadow your killer and come back at half health against an almost dead opponent. Conversely, if you were outmatched you would run towards cover then come back running further away. A few players never figured this out and got ganked repeatedly right at their body, so this was changed.

Offering the option to rez in place or at the nearest infirmary would eliminate death porting and make hunting/scavenging with a cart a better option. As things stand, there are places I don't go with a cart because of the bother of a long run back to the card exceeds value of the extra weight that can be transported.

What does the old rez system have to do with able to death port across the map or not with full items?

Next is the fact you are talking about issues with PVP and no one plays PVP. The game is not made for PVP, it will unlikely never be PVP focused. Why worry about PVP issues when thinking up ideas for rezing?

I'm talking about the silly system in place where you go to do a trade and you get massive amounts of items / weight then turn around and say "ok kill me home" and poof you are home with massive amount of items and weight.

Deathporting has hurt economy of Xsyon since day 1.

Well with the old system you rezed in place, not at your totem so there was no death porting. Please explain how going back to this system wouldn't address your concerns.

IMHO, the current rez at totem system helped trade by cutting out half of a round trip to a distant trade partner, but it hurt PvP by making the distance to a rematch much greater.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Well with the old system you rezed in place, not at your totem so there was no death porting. Please explain how going back to this system wouldn't address your concerns.

IMHO, the current rez at totem system helped trade by cutting out half of a round trip to a distant trade partner, but it hurt PvP by making the distance to a rematch much greater.
    I agree, i wouldnt have trad as much as i did if i would had carried all the stuff back.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post

It helped PVP because the other way made no sense, and how it wouldn't fix the system is death would have no punishment but 30 seconds missing out of your life.

You think it helps trade but it hurts it in the long run. Why? Because people will not need to trade for regional items. See Xsyon is set up for regional resources. With deathporting you make it so the whole world is the same region. Which is why people currently don't care about living in extreme zones when you can go out there get all the mats you want and port it back in a few seconds.

Regional trading would cause tribes that live in those areas to collect the resources that you need. Like stainless steel, or mutant bear hides. Then trade for something your region has.

Anyways, believe how you want. Biggest issue I see with regional system is currently few tribes that can support it correctly. If deathporting is going to stay and you believe it would hurt trade, we need to change the system to simply forget weights and make a mail system also. There is no reason not to IF you believe deathporting hurts trade.