Let me start off by saying that it seems like most people favor item dura loss. I really believe this is the best option and let me list a few reasons why.

1)If it's done like in UO, it will remove some of the high end gear without breaking people's backs. In UO they had it so gear could be repaired back to 100% QL but the dura would be lowered by 1. So if an item was at 90% dura left (1 death) and you repaired it. Say it was 90/100. After the repair it would be 99/99. This means that after 100 repairs (assuming 10% uses up 1 permanent dura). It would be a very very long time for good gear and crappy gear would break much faster.

2)Put a new system in for repairing and a reason to use high skills (leathercrafters would repair leather items), much better economy and community building system.

3)Would stop people from deathporting massive stacks of items for fear of lowing the dura.

4)Give more of a survival feel to the game of not wanting to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnuts View Post
i barely die anytime unless i deathport, so usual i sould be fine with any of them. but honestly most of the current suggest stuff is nonsense, at least for the way i face and play the game.
When I played with you, I've seen you die a few times. Just in the limited play time with you. You also used the deathporting option to move items.

1. remove 10% of the dura on equipped items may be fine for ppl who fight in a grass suit. but those who make and wear decend armors can not get back the materials while the armors duro goes down with the current system. supreme plastic sole, buckle, zipper, decoration, cloth or whatevery in violet with 100q is taking weeks to find, even if you sort scrap it wouldnt be really fast. 100p mutant critters are almost not there, if you want to make a leather suit you need at least 10 of them + getting a decend quality to make sure you get 100q out of the hides to make only one set of armor.
But it would make those items of more value because of how long they lasted. It would also be better for the economy as a whole because currently, items like never break.

2. item loss will avoid what was always a goal - trading between players.
This helps trading not hurts it. Players will not be able to deathport massive amounts of items around the map, so local trades will be encouraged more. Also because items are being removed from the game more, more crafting and trading.

3. cash loss might be fine for those who have a lot of cash, but not for new players.
We don't even know how much $ it will cost per death, how can you even say it would be hard or easy for anyone? What if it were 1$ per death to repair?
If the repair is based on the QL of the item and max dura, it wouldn't be hard on new players at all.

Suggestions: 1st of all we would need a system to seperate kinds of death. combat (pvm), starving/die of thirst, pvp, falldmg.

i would suggest the screen of a player turns red ( or any prefered colour ) if he loose hp couz of food water - similar to the mist effect. a alart system which warn you if you didnt notice your bars. and every player died couz of that already, they are simply to small or covered by other stuff.

how about this. when a player die he become a ghost. lets push the ghost duration up to 15-30 minutes, add buttons instead of "spawn" which we have now. a player can choose to instandly respawn by dealing with one of the penealtys which are in the mainpost? if not he simply have to wait the time you set.

I see no reason why we need to separate types of deaths.
I for sure do not like the death choice option because then again you are still allowing deathporting massive amounts of items.