Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ascencion, Afterlife, Fatality, and Misc Items

I have a few suggestions as to how to make this game even better. (Hell what am I saying?! There are a ton of features that could be added to this game to make it better!) Not that it isn't already as awesome as it already is.

1st one I think would be if perma-death were included into the game. If you were to kill someone that shouldn't totally be the end. The person should have a chance to be able to still play by entering into an "Afterlife". In this afterlife this person could attempt to ascend to god-hood and attempt to create his own religion thus giving player religions a true divine entity to fall back on. The afterlife option could have hundreds of uses for "mortal" players such as summoning other entities, creating portals from one place to another, tapping their energies into the afterlife, etc. This could also lead to a ton of features for the "god" players who could make an entire realm in they're own world. They could be able to enter into the material realm by being summoned or by themselves, rain down fire (or whatever you would) upon people who betrayed them, give blessings unto they're followers, etc. Of course there should be a limit to they're powers as well as spirits (of which if players don't want to be gods they could just remain in the spirit world and do other tasks of whatever they like to do).

Another thing that would be fun would be to put in a "fatality" system or a "spare his life" system. An option of whether you want to kill him, kill him brutally, knock him out and let him live, or just let him live. This would be fun if you wanted to kill some evil fiend (or good) in style. Or if you wanted to just kidnap someone you could just knock him out and take him and if your a humanitarian or some imperious overlord; you could give the person a choice to serve you, run away or whatever and not kill him.

3rd is just something of miscellaneous items such as books, pens, cans, trash bins, darts, teddy bear, or other possibly useless items that could be foraged and used in gadgets or just for possessions to keep to decorate a house if you make a hut in a village and give it authenticity. Say you wanted to write something down ingame or write it to another person you could take a notebook, diary, piece of paper and give it to them. Use a teddy bear and put it in a cannon! Make a radio satellite out of miscellaneous trash. Etc. etc. etc.

Re:Ascencion, Afterlife, Fatality, and Misc Items

They have talked about the possibility of perma-death, and decided that it might be an option, but they weren't going into detail with it now (they said around when they introduce religion.) as per your other ideas, they're going to have a "dueling" option, if I remember right, and as far as I know, your third is also in the game as per the "scavenging" skill.

Huh go figure. Though they haven't gone into deep detail on the perma-death so I guess I added something that might be useful.

They talked about it somewhere, but I don't remember how much detail they went into. If anyone would like to put a link... (I'm lazy :P)

So will evil people be able to carve up their dead enemies for bones to use in crafting? Or meat? lol.

That would be interesting.

Of the top of my head, I hope so, bonecrafting will require bones after all, for those interested in oblivion and morrowind necrophilia... I mean necromancy(!) was and still is a great content mod that the game simply wont fulfil, and the TES book would have made it a great game with necrophilia.... err *mancy! in it.

Somehow, I don't think the materials for the full human bone set armor came from a deer or rabbit.

Last pic in the outfits concept art.

Kitsume wrote:
    Somehow, I don't think the materials for the full human bone set armor came from a deer or rabbit.

Last pic in the outfits concept art.
    Good point, but isn't Lake Tahoe Sasquatch territory?

Veldern wrote:
    They talked about it somewhere, but I don't remember how much detail they went into. If anyone would like to put a link... (I'm lazy :P)
    it was briefly discussed in the pvp vs pk impressions thread thing 70-something page... http://www.xsyon.com/forums/28-featu...t=10&start=730
    it might have been discussed somewhere else but im not sure