Thread: Mounts and pets

Question Mounts and pets

For the mounts, will they be able to pull carts? And is it going to be just horses?

For pet's, will they be able to fight for its owner?

sure. taim a cat and it will kill bears and pull carts.

no idea wat pets will do but i hope they wont be summonable battle charackters. that wouldnt fit to the style.
    same for carts. even a mule deer who is pulling a cart would look ridiculous, wouldn't it? maybe a saddle whic can hold 10 or 20 items would make sense. and a slot for resources, like pulling a log or carry a bundle of grass. but all this things wouldnt fit to anything except a mule deer again.

just wait and be suprised, but dont count on anything like this in the near future.

They have been talking tames and ranged weapons since 2011-12 at least.. I played for 3 years with a couple of friends of mine.. We left do to continually being harassed by one of the GM's.. I was the last to leave because I liked the game, but finally between slow development, deleted and edited posts, like will happen to this one, and a GM that constantly had something negative to say toward us, I moved on. Great concept game tho, and great ideas. I pop in from time to time to see if ranged, farming, taming, tunnels, or anything else new has been added.. Good luck with the game when the taming gets added.. Hell I'll even try it out then.. unless that GM is still here... I wont ever return as long as they are there.

Xsyon Citizen
    Going by Jordi's latest news post Mounts have been coded (bears and deer), it's just the animations and stuff that still needs done, so it's not too far away.

And what is with HORSES?...no horses?...ist a typical American Mount? This is very bad if no horses arrives ..

Ist an important Feature Mounts and Pets and Animal Farming..Here also typical history a BISON..it gives leather.milk,meat and with pigs ist then complete the Feature animal farming

Xsyon Citizen
    I have many suggestions such as Giant Hamsters, Anaconda's (for their Amphibian like qualities), a golem since in the game story on the homepage says Swords and Sorcery have taken over Science and Progress (and personally I wanna be the guy riding on a golems shoulder), Warg's (which seem to be like mutated wolves), Horses are a must, and also I hope ill be able to tame a hamster and bring it with me while hunting because then when I hunt Rev's will have a harder time killing me. SICK'EM MR. GIBBLITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Krenb View Post
    I have many suggestions such as Giant Hamsters, Anaconda's (for their Amphibian like qualities), a golem since in the game story on the homepage says Swords and Sorcery have taken over Science and Progress (and personally I wanna be the guy riding on a golems shoulder), Warg's (which seem to be like mutated wolves), Horses are a must, and also I hope ill be able to tame a hamster and bring it with me while hunting because then when I hunt Rev's will have a harder time killing me. SICK'EM MR. GIBBLITS!
    -"I have lost myself in your words but Boo thinks you're just ducky"

I don't know I've seen some pretty large sized coyotes and native Americans did have dog carts since horse were imported with settlers so I could see a tamed dog/coyote pulling a cart while the owner walked beside it or following behind (I think walking with would lower path finding issues)

but this is also 2012 so most animals in the region could also be used (but for later addition to speed up process)

Dogs seem the most likely for small carts or even some form of saddle bag system - as well as being decent combat pets able to help a person - I don't see them soloing anything large since the combat power would not raise massively

stealing smaller baby animals of aggressive species to tame also would seem also logical progression as a full grown bear isn't just gonna love you for feeding it some meat and petting it but a baby bear might same with other aggressive animals

as for later pack animals that are not in game

Horses seem a must as most people expect them (please no rants about people expecting things) and are a major staple in these kinds of games

Bison while interesting and do able seem more unlikely as a cow/bull since most bison are far more south (not sure if we are focusing on game play or realism or balancing) they do seem like a good mix of power and speed though

I'm sure many more animals could be added to list but I'm more wanting to see A system in then expanding it then finishing every possible wishlist of animals to add to it first

as for anacondas and golems - I feel its a bit to far north for a non mutant snake to survive and I don't think they have decided on how much if any real magic will be in game so lets shelf this for a much later discussion