A couple of weeks back I hit a dead tribe (no totem) and killed and stripped all of the Revenants, one of them was armed with an Excavator and was wearing two pieces QL 100 Master DeVere armor, now the armor didn't have a crafted by nor any stats so right away my thoughts were guide made event rewards.

Now yesterday there was quite a discussion in chat about how the rev got the Excavator, not once did any of them think that the rev got it from a bin, because when I said that all I got was "No, revs do not loot bins".

Now I happen to believe they can and do loot armor and weapons from bins, I've taken enough crafted gear off them that matches gear in bins from that tribe, but I've also found bins bursting with gear and the revs are only wearing their standard armor or are naked, so I can understand why others believe they don't loot bins.

Problem is that it seems a bit hit or miss, do they, don't they, does any old bin on the ground count or are locks and permissions a deterrent that stops them.