Something good for Xsyon

I know, I know, its been talked about before, its in the works and will eventually show up in-game. I'm talking about furniture and accessories for our homes.

I debated for a long time whether to post this as a suggestion or a regular post. I decided to post it under general discussion because it has been suggested already and it is in the works. I just thought its something worth discussing in terms of pros/cons and/or practicality while we wait.

Now, bear with me for a moment. This post is just so that when they get around to actually design the thing, they have a some idea about the things that we, as survivors, need for the comfort of our homes. Some of these things are basic necessities, others are luxuries but in any case, they are all things that would be useful and a lot of fun to be able to make through woodworking, tailoring, leatherworking, masonry and/or a combination thereof.

Furniture in the Pioneer, Scrapper, Forager, Trapper styles.

Chairs
    Benches
    Stools
    Tables small
    Tables large
    Desks
    Shelves
    Bookshelves
    Counters kitchen
    Counters all purpose
    Workbenches
    Bed Frames single
    Bed Frames double
    Bed Frames bunk
    Books (writeable) (basketry)
    Pens and ink (basketry)
    Workable bulletin boards
    Cabinets all purpose
    Cabinets kitchen/workshop
    Crates
    Mattresses for all bedframe types (tailoring, basketry and leatherworking)
    Bedrolls
    Bedding (tailoring, basketry and leatherworking)
    Pillows and cushions (tailoring, basketry and leatherworking)
    Rugs small medium and large (tailoring, basketry and leatherworking)
    Fireplaces (masonry)
    Pottery, kitchen utensils, tableware, pots and pans (masonry)
    Curtains (tailoring and leatherworking)
    Furniture Upholstery (tailoring, basketry and leatherworking)
    Tubs, Sinks and Toilets (Masonry)
    Lighting (chandeliers, sconces, and lanterns)
    Planters
    Houseplants for planters (easily made from current crops and foraged items)
    Candles
    I know all this is a big wishlist but it will give xsyon something to think about when thinking through the addition of furniture and home decorations. If there is anything I missed that you'd like to see, by all means add it on.

I know some of you will say that there are a lot of other priorities for this game before spending time and effort on all these and you are probably right. However, there are some of us who would like to see furniture implemented as a priority too. Sooooo here it is.

Would be nice.

I would like to see some of the basic stuff in the game first like a working combat system that makes people want to do more than just walk backwards and left click attack.

But maybe he can work on something like this in also because doesnt look like coding combat is going to happen either.

I agree that furniture should be a priority. Building is one thing this game does extremely well, but I think many people feel why should I build a house when it is just going to be an empty shell? Furniture would encourage building, make roleplaying much much more fun.

Having said that, there are people who have managed to make furniture. I can recommend the original poster as well as anyone else longing to decorate their home, to check out www.xsyonsocial.wix.com/calendar

I created that page to feature player creations and there are a couple of house tours of homes designed by players in Xsyon who have managed to decorate their houses amazingly even with the current limitations of the game. Amazing stuff! And if anyone gets inspired by that and makes some cool stuff, let me know and I'll post it on the site.

Xsyon Citizen
    If you wander into one of the guide built houses on Founders you will see a couple of items on your list in there, we cant use them as the animations either don't exist or aren't active, and we can't build them as there aren't any BP's for us to learn, but just like Scrapper and Mason carts the guides have access to create them.

Umm, DDT you do know that Jordi added "drag" to the different surfaces, mobs aren't affected by it, but on some surfaces our speed is almost cut in half, I can still kill most things on a player made road, but on other surfaces I'm bear food if I'm not careful.

That drag has been there for a LONG time not sure what you are talking about what was added, but even if you don't use the easy mode of backwards walking, you can still easy do other types of attacking without ever getting hit.

There is no pazzaz to combat. There are no special moves, there are no real skills etc.

Trying not to get too far off topic. But another problem is Guides do have extra stuff and why is it not in the game for other players if guides can do those things? No real reason for it.

Blaberg, Wambi showed me her house yesterday and it WAS amazing. The pictures, awesome as they are, do not do it justice.
    People should take a walk or swim to VR to take a look at it. I was amazed at all that she could do with what's available and its not just one room, the whole house is incredible. It is something definitely worth seeing. I bow to Wambi. She is one very creative lady

I'd like to see a reason for furniture not just rp decorative - like the basics of the comfort sitting - or a craft station style place that is a one stop shop for making stuff

craft station could have slots for tools and they are auto used when they break you put a new tool in there and it gives a 5% bonus to crafting since you are comfortable and well tooled