Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    MrDDT it was never "Remove decay "again"" I remember when a lot of people left and why, and yes we have debated on this decay system, often I hear new people disagreeing on skill and attribute decay and simply leave because they don't wont to argue about it.
    Adding another clean server without decay or controlled decay on all skills and attributes will not effect current pvp nor pve servers, so you don't have to worry about it.

I'm sure adding a clean server would have 0 effect on the current servers. /sarcasm

Having said that, I think a clean server is a good idea once things are ironed out more with combat, and giving players a direction. Until then I wouldn't make another server spit. We seen how the last one went.

Znaiika. The few people you are talking about (likely less than 10, but maybe a couple dozen) are nothing that left compared to when people really left in the 1000s.
    Decay has been debated and asked for, far more than asked for removed. It was always in the plans and he added it. There was a time when there was no decay and people whined about it. So finished up the decay system. Now you have according you some people upset about it.

Sadly the few people left in the game is less of a worry than the 1000s of people waiting for the game to become what it said it was going to be at release.
    Where is the combat objectives? Where is the good vs evil system? What is the drive to do anything? Why level up skills? What does high end crafting give over just making it for looks? Where are the animals? Where is the danger?

People need a reason to do things other than "Hey that looks cool". They need something to spur them on. Like zombies raiding them at night, or a big bad Lich going to invade the area. Whatever it is, people need to be driven to do it.

gonna agree with mrddt here - the decay system is pretty small potatos to many of the others - even a unified server with a mix of pvp and pve - with 3 start points for good neutral and evil players - having a no mans land between them with larger mutant animals and towns near the edge are raidable but ones farther in low threat to medium threat can not be raided - of course the towns nearer to badlands would have access to higher level resources and possibly other free bonuses (like larger settlements starting off) giving a inventive to being in pvp zone - of course high danger zones is open pvp but the lesser zones are not allowing one server with a mix of pvp and pve where people can build massive pretty towns then hang out with allies in a forward base camp

of course this would also need a larger map (I know its planned past the mist but would need to be already in game) and the good / evil system working as well as many other things added BEFORE this could be added but it would also allow 1 server for all

Xsyon Citizen
    I am 100% sure that skill/attribute decay system was a kill shot, then playing with people nerves, like: limiting old saw, then knife blades and so on, which affected population drop as well in addition to skill decay, before implementing PVE server I was asking to also change/remove skill/attribute decay system, which you protested "the reason why people left and still come and leave as soon as they hit their first decay in their skills and attributes", skill/attribute decay is the main reason to population problem, PVE population was and still better then PVP population from the start, but the main problem is and will be skill/attribute decay system, if you don't want it to be changed on current servers, then the best way is to add clean server with controlled skill/attribute system as I propose.
    Also remove all tools from scavenging, like old saw, knife blades, feathers and such and add them to toolcrafting, add feathers to birds, change public decay, such as containers give them timer for about 2 or so hours in real time before they are open to public, after dropping totem increase timer for next drop to one weak of real time and so on.

DDT you still think 1000s left not because bad new systems but by Xsyons fault? living in a lie and believe that they are truce, other expression is "believing own lies".

You can add all you wish to first two servers, and experiment with those as much as your heart desires, but other people want to play as well and they don't want to be effected by your desires, and the perfect solution is to add another fresh server with controlled skill/attribute decay system, and it is simple to code just adding locks to all skills and attributes, simple as that.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-07-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkmercy View Post
    gonna agree with mrddt here - the decay system is pretty small potatos to many of the others - even a unified server with a mix of pvp and pve - with 3 start points for good neutral and evil players - having a no mans land between them with larger mutant animals and towns near the edge are raidable but ones farther in low threat to medium threat can not be raided - of course the towns nearer to badlands would have access to higher level resources and possibly other free bonuses (like larger settlements starting off) giving a inventive to being in pvp zone - of course high danger zones is open pvp but the lesser zones are not allowing one server with a mix of pvp and pve where people can build massive pretty towns then hang out with allies in a forward base camp

of course this would also need a larger map (I know its planned past the mist but would need to be already in game) and the good / evil system working as well as many other things added BEFORE this could be added but it would also allow 1 server for all
    The only PVP I would agree if you could activate it by /pvp flag = optional. not zones

I've seen it done in many games they just give you a warning and a 30 sec pvp active - also if the maps 3-4 times as big with 20% of each map dedicated to pvp you are unlikely to run into it by accident so it would be 100% optional

also the pvp flag system is to variable how long is it active? can I be attacked but not attack? do I have to be pvp and you pvp to fight or can you randomly attack me?

by simply placing a portion of the game world between the alignments you could open up more or less pvp zones - for instance good tribe zones would have the largest no pvp zones meaning its almost impossible to accidentally walk into a pvp zone - where as neutral would be a 60/40 safe/pvp split and evil would be closer to 20/80 split

of course also the more hostile zones would be higher level animals also creating a new survival mode for people who want heavier combat where as the more peaceful good people don't have to worry as much if they just want to craft and chill out building something cool

this would allow players to select their pvp commitment while not forcing anyone into fights if they choose not to

Xsyon Citizen
    There is a pvp server for full open world pvp to fight over resources and such, no pvp controlled zones on pve servers period, will ruing everything, as for pvp option = flag both who activated pvp flag can attack each other but not anyone else who did not activated pvp flag can not attack any player, this is how pvp flag works, there can be competition between more people or even between tribes of course every citizen of that tribe should have an option to activate pvp option or not, should not be forced in to pvp by tribe leader.

Xsyon Citizen
    I am still waiting for an answer on this proposal, I know that Xsyon is aware why population left, why not fix it? would it hurt current servers? no, would it be bad for Xsyon him self? no, what would it take to finally realize that this can be fixed and not loosing time waiting? you can call current servers hardcore and new server unrestricted or classic or whatever you call it and let like minded people play how they like.
    Xsyon, I know you're reading this, please don't ignore it at this time, if you are waiting for people to populate current servers? then there is no hope, you know how long it's been and population dose not grow, in my opinion is due to current skill/attribute decay system.

Like many aspects of the game, the skill system can and will eventually be improved. Personally, I would prefer a system as I recall from UO, with a hard cap on total skill points and locks to control exactly what skills are gained and lost once you've reached the cap.*

There certainly is an audience for games where you can max every skill. For me, that potential destroys the role playing aspect of a game. Regardless, there is no evidence to show that revising the skill system is a critical issue at the moment.

It's true that when the current skill system was released, the game population decreased. To put this into perspective:

- Aside from the initial Prelude launch, the active population has always been low. At the launch, many pre-order players left for several reasons: they didn't get to place their totem in their desired location, conflicts with other players and the desire for a PvE only server were the main reasons reported to me. During the first three months after the launch players left primarily because of poor performance (lag, crashes and bugs). Many also just came and went simply because that's what many players do. (I'm an example of this type of player. There are very few games that I played beyond the initial month or even week). By the end of that year, the active population was about double what it is now, but nowhere near the numbers at launch.

- Outside of launch, the biggest exodus of active players was due to opening Xsyon to free play. Although the daily number of players that dropped in made Xsyon feel more active, these people mostly came and went quickly. I surveyed these players several times and the main response for why they didn't stick around were:
    -- They were looking for a different type of game.
    -- They wanted an entirely free to play game.
    -- They wanted PvE only.
    During the free to play period, active numbers steadily decreased, only boosted slightly by updates and boosted decently when I opened the Peace Server.

- The second biggest exodus was due to totem and tribe decay and the advent of revenants. Even though this was a much needed improvement, around 150 active players left during that time.

- The third noticeable change was after the skill and stat update. The active population decreased by around 30 players at that time. This update and population decrease happened after two months of steady growth due to events and press releases, so it's difficult to say if the population left because of the update or simply because players from the growth spurt had their fill of the game.

Aside from those moments, the active population has been relatively steady.

I do keep in touch with many past players who say they'd return for many different reasons. Mounts, pets, ranged combat and achievements are the most common. Cooking and farming were highly requested but ended up not bringing back many players (although I'm happy with how the systems turned out). The skill system is not typically mentioned.

So I will continue to focus on the most requested features and changes.

Among Steam players, the biggest complain by far is the subscription. Removing the subscription would definitely bring in more players. Whether it would bring in enough new players each month to offset the loss of subscriptions, I don't know. Would these players stick around or just play a few hours and move on to the next game, I don't know!

I hope this puts things into perspective!

* This may not be exactly how it was, but it's how I recall it.

Xsyon Citizen
    Thank you Xsyon for responding, I wish that I could play but current skill decay system is way too grindish, people say it's possible to reach high levels in skills it may well be but you need a lot of materials and know how, I am a person who would prefer simple and fast level-up then I don't mind fluctuations, call me lazy or any how you want but that just me.
    You're saying it's for the good of RP but I think it dose not matter RP or no RP people would still prefer playing alone and only come out RP when they feel like, that just how people are, and it won't matter how strict you will force them to RP you will only push people away, I remember when people could level-up all skills they traded away better then now, because they wanted to be first to trade before price drop, now people trade for what they really need and keep most wanted things to them selves, this halted trading.
    I am not trying to ruing RP in this game I am trying to make it better, if you had three servers you would see which setting are better preferred it's all.
    Thank you again Xsyon and wish you all the best.

Why do people hunt alone? because of loot, it is easier for a big tribe to hunt in groups because only one can loot an animal.
    Add one more server and call it solo, and current server RP.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-10-2015 at 05:34 AM.

I think the key to any good MMO is to focus on bringing people together not putting in systems and servers that encourage people solo play.
    On top of that the key to an RPG is the feeling like you are in control of your toon and it's progressing either through a story line or in it's own ability.

Znaiika, it really sounds to me like you shouldn't be playing MMO's nor should you be playing RPGs. You likely would do much better off with a single player game like Assassin's Creed. Where there is no real skill system and what they do have it's quickly gained and you don't have to worry about anyone else but you and your own storyline.

People play MMORPGs for the reason of being around other people, dealing with them in trade, grouping, adventures and guilds/clans.
    I would love to see Xsyon bring in more combat and grouping options. Let us have reasons to be together and things to strive for as a group.