Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: To Xsyon.

Blueprints are in Architecture so you were talking about that.

PVP and PVE did work, and still would work on 1 server. Maybe not in the way you would like it (you don't even like the current PVP or PVE server so that is kinda pointless).

Of course some would play on a 3rd server. People that didn't know, people that thought the name sounds cool or whatever. But that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

No quite the opposite. When you have a few skills to worry about, decay is not a problem. Most new players just do not understand how the lock system works. It's not until you get 3+ skills that you do not want to decay PER pool that it starts to effect you.

But again, its a lack of understanding the game. Your suggestions need to be bounced off other people to vet them to make sure what you want isn't already in the game and what you are asking for would even work. Then as a group of people talk about your ideas and work out issues and details then maybe that idea can come out to be something worthwhile. I'm not say get people to vote on it, but you need to really understand how things work before you can come up with working ideas.
    Currently you are either suggesting things that are already in game, would not work like you want because of how the game is, or break other systems in the game that you already like or want. Plus a few other issues. Without even getting to the point of me disagreeing with your basic idea, just the fact of what you want wouldn't even work the way you are suggesting.
    On top of all that, you do not believe me when I say things, you have this idea that I want everything the way I want it to rule the world or something.
    Not sure if you know this, but I deleted my toon for this very reason. So I can offer advice on the game without people like you convinced that I'm only out for myself. I also deleted my whole town and about a million in $ in game. So before you try to say things like "your aim is to dominate" please think about what I just said and did. If that were my aim why would I delete the strongest toon in the game and all the riches he had? Yeah, kinda contrary to what you are saying huh?

Anyways, my advice is that really 1 single server is best with areas of PVP, and mostly PVE. I also think that a change to how the skill system works currently is needed where instead of able to learn all skills to 100. Only allow like 2 or 3 per pool to 100. Or a set amount of skill points per pool total.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Blueprints are in Architecture so you were talking about that.

Anyways, my advice is that really 1 single server is best with areas of PVP, and mostly PVE. I also think that a change to how the skill system works currently is needed where instead of able to learn all skills to 100. Only allow like 2 or 3 per pool to 100. Or a set amount of skill points per pool total.
    Oh I see why are you all talking about architecture, what I meant was blueprints, recipes and such anything that can be learned in skills like toolcrafting, leathercrafting, architecture, and so on.

PVP would work on the same server with PVE if there is no advantage over one another the only difference would be is ability to PVP not controlling resources nor more animals nor more resources nor best resources and so on, people would know that PVP zones are a war zones and entering or setting a tribe in those zones would be at their own risk.

I agree with you about allowing 2-3 skills per pool to 100 or setting skill points per pool but all pools need to have equal pools not one pool with 2 skills and other one with 10, all need to be 4 or 5 skills per pool except for combat skills, and skills that are action skills should be excluded such as running, jumping, swimming and such.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-14-2015 at 05:08 AM.

well ddt , you're still goin strong on pvp , no ?
    doesn't matter , but znaiikas idea about bp's and such is kinda weird too . I tell you some facts znaiika , there is no way to learn all schemes or whatever you call it , not even in one skill , its a hard cap . I started at war and guess what , at architect 95 i still get some worthless gadu bp's , and at scaving at 95 its just the same , no wall ot gate or anything worth the time running around.
    my guess is , all has been nerfed for mist tribes sell , which none really has a use of , vets have all bp's anyway and newbs can't buy them , lol
    but one thing is right , znaiika , there should have been a clean server with the so called early access , because people wonder why they find carts with 6k+ days or scrap piles with ghost towns on it or beeing destroyed by players from early days
    But that is up to jordi , no matter what we say here , because the usual answer is " why you hate this game " , go play something else :P
    And the vision of multiplayer is gone long ago , when people tell you it's a game not a chatroom , so jordi should log anonym and check the facts to get a grip of what is actually going on
    Another wall of sad text , but maybe there will be a change in the future
    Anyways , still playing and get frustrated , but enjoy the game more or less :P
    but after writing that , and be told i have to log just makes me smile , another annoying feature , lol

I think a clean server would work but not one like znaiika is saying.

What you need to do is have a full clean server, after all the combat and adding a few more content into the game.

Make the new server PVP and PVE with areas for both. Make the PVP areas a lot more dangerous with animals, and allow those areas to give a slight bonus to skill gain or resource gathering speeds.
    Then also have some PVE areas do the same that have increased areas of animals. These would be like extreme areas only like 5x harder.
    This would give BOTH PVE and PVPers a reason to do being in those areas. Also it will allow PVEers that like PVP here or there but not 24/7 to have places to go fight other players and reasons for skilling up combat skills and having the best armor.

I can come up with a lot of good ways to make such a server good for BOTH sides. The best thing to do would get a few players together to talk about how to make a clean server work. Also come up with a to do list of what needs to be done BEFORE this server would really even work.
    Then market the crap out of the game as being "released" and take it out of Prelude.

You can give VET's a name reservation option and maybe even like a 7 day headstart. This would allow people to make tribes and place totems before "new" players to the server.
    I also think that totems should COST resources to build so any joe can't just place totems anytime they want. I've talked about this before.
    http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1230
    One of the Dev's long ago made this post using my forum thread.
    It was well received. (Even says it was Implemented) but it really wasn't not in this way.

There are major reasons why you just don't want to start a clean server right now without adding in a few changes and some more content. I would expect that if you added another server the other 2 would close down due to the lack of people.

Xsyon Citizen
    Blueprints should only be available through learning not scavenging or trade, much like cooking the higher the skill the better recepie you get.
    DDT, I do not agree with you, I would agree if there would be one place in the middle of the map and PVE only with extreme settings you describe, only no one will be able to set a tribe there to benefit from bonuses all the time and all animals and resources should respawn daily, all other areas PVP or PVE should be normal, no extra benefits, this will encourage people to group-up before heading to that extreme zone, and this will not have unfair advantage over people who live far away and don't want to PVP.
    PVPers should not have anything extra, just because it's a PVP zone dose not mean they are special.
    If you do not agree with me that pvp should not have extra benefits over pve then there is no point of having one server with both pvp and pve, best keep two servers to avoid any complications.
    First time totem placement should be free than it should cost resource, more times you place totem within short time the more source cost it will be, could be set to one or to two weeks then reset.

Let me guess, your few players are going to be selected and have privet third party chat so everyone would know what to say and when, much like at the moment.
    And skill decay really needs to be adjusted at the moment it's total mess.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-18-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Znaiika, I agree that blueprints (recipes of all types) should be through learning and remove them from the scav table. For a few reasons.
    1)They make no sense to have them they would be unlikely to make it through and they surely would not be that common.
    2)It makes scavenging so powerful with recipes/blueprints in them.
    3)Promotes people do to use their trade to get the recipes.

Why I like recipes/blueprints in the scav table is because you could trade them around because what you are asking for would make recipes/blueprints very hard to fill what you need correctly. I suggest removing them from the scavenging option and put them into a skill that makes recipes. Give a few mats like wood/paper, some charcoal, and high enough skill on cartography or something and able to make maps and recipes/blueprints. You could even add an another material (or 3) in there for random stuff. This would allow people get recipes/blueprints they need in trade still.

Be careful what you wish for though. Without adding it in a skill like I just said, not having a tradeable option of recipes/blueprints would really change the way the game is played for many people, and I think it would not fit your style of play whatsoever as you would then need to grind a skill A LOT to get the recipe/blueprint you want. Which sounds like is what you don't want and I don't think you understand how hard it would be.

You say you don't agree with me, but then describe what you want, which is what I just said. If I didn't make it clear in my post, then assume what you just said is what I want.

About the PVP areas, I didn't ask for anything extra in a PVP area that wouldn't be in the PVE area. I said PVP areas would be extreme areas like the PVE extreme areas. Meaning a lot harder animals/monsters, faster resource gathering, and faster skill gains. In extreme areas. Which is where you would ONLY find PVP areas, but some would not be PVP enabled. Does that make it clear?

Yes much like you have at the moment, only with active parties and not people that don't play or 7/10ths of them are inactive.

Xsyon Citizen
    I agree on new skills like cartography or some sort for recipe/blueprints but not in scavenge, but for the moment Xsyon can adjust the rate of learning them, at low level higher rate to learn low level recipes low rate to learn high level recipes, at high level low rate to learn low level recipes and higher rate for higher level recipes where intelligence will play a major roll of learning rate.

As for pvp zones: with your suggestion you will create dominance simply because some people will occupy those zones and claim them under totems and the rest? well? you figure it out.
    Like I mentioned in my previous post, there needs to be only one zone or several thru-ought land/map on pve side only so everyone could go there pveers or pvpers with settings as you describe but no one should ever could claim it/those with a totem.

Znaiika let the PVPers fight over the PVP land, if you don't like PVP stay out of it and goto the other areas the map. Not sure why you think it would be a problem for you, you wont go there. So what does it matter to you?

If you are talking about the PVE extreme areas, well if you feel like that will be there areas where everyone will want to be, you would be limited just as you would under any PVE game either claim it or you don't get it and have to wait. This is a major reason why a LOT of people like the PVP option because they can force 1 man tribes to leave or people living there that don't really use it or whatever reason.

If you think that there wont be enough room you can fight that battle then, currently extreme zones are not even remotely populated. In fact quiet the other way around.

Xsyon Citizen
    Then the best is to leave pvp out of pve and keep everything equal with no special zones, pvp have their server then fight in there, no need for creating dis-balance. You want to create special zones on pvp is fine with me, just to see how people like it then.
    All I am asking is to add a third server with controlled skill decay or distribute skills in even pools 4-5 skills per pool then the current system would work fine with even skill pools, remove any and all crafted parts like blade, saw blades, spades and such and add them to crafting skills, also remove blueprints, recipes and such from scavenging and fix learning so people could learn them accordingly, is that too much to ask?

I do not understand you, I tell you that you can have areas just how you want them and then you say no.

You can't get a new server for every change in the game you want. It sounds like you don't like scavenging or dealing with other players and you want to be a solo player. It sounds like an MMO is not for you and surely not Xsyon.