Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic?

Re:Magic?

Orcs are already in the game...duh...my avatar is a black 13yo boy who is so evil looking its worse than a bloody orc :P

Who's to say they aren't planned, who's to say we wont see unicorns, Werewolves and vampires. This isn't earth after all, and ideas had to come from some form of truth.

Utility magic would be the most I'd put into the game, as it's been stated before, attack magic can easily ruin a game like it did DF.

i for one would like destruction magic in this game... but any attack magic that would be put into this game you would also have to make sure that it could be deflected, blocked, redirected, countered, evaded etc... none of that "i summoned a meteor shower and ice storm that you can't get rid of" crap... those instant attacks and the ones that can't be avoided is what makes magic a spam fests

Must say I like the realism of the game and adding magic will ruin it most likely. 95% of MMOs seem to give into magic class and it always ends up hurting gameplay and realism.

Healing can be Syringes, pills, bandages, salves/ointments, etc without needing a 'magic class' to cast heal spells and crap. As for offensive magic, hopefully they don't add that either 'hey look fire shot from hands just by me thinking about it.. WHEEEEE!'

This game seems groundbreaking, hope they don't devolve into the standard crap I'm trying to get away from.

I have to agree with the "no attack magic" even though I always play a mage. But to say that no magic whatsoever would be a msitake also. So what types? Healing, stat boosts, corruptions and their removals, bleeds or drains, and the spells like levitate, lockpick etc. OP mages have ruined many a game but if balanced right it can be a 3 sided game.......melee, magic and ranged. If its not balanced its a one-sided game and won't grow and progress like you guys are saying. This game has tons of potential. I'll be at the Prelude with my bent stick and glowing palm. :P

Xsyon Citizen

As soon as I see fatty toon with animal skin undies throwing a shuriken fireball at me I'm out (excludes turtles of fury).

Shamanic/Totemic magic would be awesome, if it can be kept from getting corrupted by Tolkein/D&D magic.

I would love Xsyon to be low Fantasy, not high fantasy. We already seem to be avoiding the dwarves, elves, trolls, and orcs, which is a good start

Chile wrote:
    Next someone will want orcs! WTF!
    Magic has always been slotted for introduction later in the game.

newb it up more plz.

Welcome to Xsyon! WE GOTS TEH FIREBALLZ AND MAGICZ!!

If we start getting fireswords of the bear +2, I'm out as well.

I love when the weap is dubble the size of the char. :laugh: